No announcement yet.

Lifting Weights Everyday?

Collapse
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Lifting Weights Everyday?

Would this be overworking my muscle groups? Would it stunt my muscles gaining size or can it be done?

Well if you're trying to look like a body builder, you can train 1 muscle group per week. So in example.

Monday- chest
    tesday - back
    weds- legs
    thurs- biceps/ tris
    friday- shoulders/ abs.

However if you box , lifting weights will slow you down a bit because its muscle break down

Comment

Yea you can't lift the same muscle groups everyday. When you lift weights, your muscles kind of tear, and regrow bigger and stronger, but they need 1-2 days to recover to be able to do so.

So lifting the same muscle groups is bad.

Comment

Everyday can be done only the right way with supplements cuz your body needs to recover,plus your will burn out faster that way.This all depends on work load too,but all depends on your GOAL ....

Comment

just make sure you7re not working out the same muscle group everyday. for example if you do biceps then don't train them the next day.

Comment

Originally posted by moneymayforever View Post
            just make sure you7re not working out the same muscle group everyday. for example if you do biceps then don't train them the next day.
            this sums it up^^^^

recovery is important for buillding strenth size and muscle

Comment

It depends, are you going for functional strength or are you bodybuilding?

If you are going for functional strength i always say lift every other day, so do upper body one day, lower body the next mixed with cardio.

Think about it, if you are a roofer you are lifting rolls of felt and lpg cannisters up a ladder all day every day, if you are a farmer you are lugging hay bails about all day every day, etc etc eventually it becomes easy because you built functional strength in the muscles that activity uses. they dont do it one day a week. in my opinion and experiance one rest day after lifting is enough for the muscles to regroup, and i got far stronger a lot faster lifting this way than i did the once a week thing

If you want to build bodybuilding muscles that look big and impressive then do it once a week but be warned this is NOT functional strength and you will have ****e stamina doing it this way
              Last edited by Earl-Hickey; 09-21-2011, 05:11 AM.

Comment

Originally posted by CuBaN HaWk View Post
                Would this be overworking my muscle groups? Would it stunt my muscles gaining size or can it be done?
                What results are you going for? Are you lifting to help sport of pure size and look?

Comment

Originally posted by mrcupide2 View Post
                  Well if you're trying to look like a body builder, you can train 1 muscle group per week. So in example.

Monday- chest
                  tesday - back
                  weds- legs
                  thurs- biceps/ tris
                  friday- shoulders/ abs.

However if you box , lifting weights will slow you down a bit because its muscle break down
                  myth or is it actually like that?

Comment

Originally posted by bernardotelo View Post
                    myth or is it actually like that?
                    Lifting weights such as one part a day 4/5 days a week will slow you down. Also, repping at 8-12 reps slow you down also. You want to keep workouts brief (2 or 3 days a week), work on the body as ONE unit and work at a rep range on 1-7 reps. This will INCREASE SPEED!

Comment

Working...
                    X