Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

What workouts make me punch harder and faster?

Collapse
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

start shadow boxing with 2 to 3 lb weights in each hand. When your throwing the shots dont just lay them out there, put some zip in them and work the hands as fast as you can, your speed will improve along with a touch of power. Its good work....................Rockin'

Comment

Thing is with weights the extra force is mainly placed downwards so its working the shoulders. I

Comment

i say do light weights their isnt anything wrong with lifting weights just as long as you stretch so you wont limit your range of motion.

Comment

HEavybag... It's true man.. I seen a difference in my speed and power. I would do atleast 8 rounds on the bag each day.. Like 2-3 rounds going at it hard.

Comment

Originally posted by FISTIC ART View Post
            the hand spped thing... try jerkin off faster than usual...the power thing...power ur born with like good vocal cords for singin...dont listen to these morons whatever power u got thats all ur gonna have.... everybody is a ****en scientist,,and will try to sell u anything.....
            agreed for the most part. You either got it or you don't. Thanks god mom and dad...

Comment

Originally posted by makavilli View Post
              Well like the title says i want to workout to punch harder and faster also

is there any specific workouts that give me more power in my punch especially my straight right

any help is appreciated

Okay... without knowing anything about your current level of fitness or current ability, other than you wanting to hit things or people harder, i'd say first off, train your "core" muscles to a decent level. Now if you don't know what or were your core muscles are, let me explain, the core muscles lie in the torso which are attached from the spine to the major muscle groups. When these muscles contract, we stabilize the the spine, pelvis and shoulders and create a solid base of support. You are then able to generate powerful movements in regard to your other limbs. The biggest benefit of core training is in developing "functional" fitness. This will take a while from say 10 weeks onwards.
              In regard to weight training, i'd say talk to your coach or someone who is a qualified fitness instructor, who can advise you and give you a training plan that will suit you, this is because as everyone is different, people will respond to some exercises better/worse than others and also he/she will be able to identify deffiencies and strengths in your current physique. It is worth doing, but all in all, apart from increasing mass and having a strong muscular physique that will add some power, it is not the answer to ascertaining powerful punches.
              In my opinion, the only way to punch "harder" is to practice punching "harder". This means bagwork..... lots of bagwork, ensuring when you punch and "connect" with your target you "explode" through it. This essentially means punching between 2" and 6" through the target in a very violent fashion.

Anyway, i hope this helps and best of luck to you.

Comment

Working...
              X