Collapse
No announcement yet.

Looks like Canelos next possible opponent

Collapse
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Another rumor I heard is Antonio Margarito as Canelo's come back opponent after he loses to Khan.

Comment

Typical ginger move

Comment

I actually like this fight.

Comment

Originally posted by Sugar Adam Ali View Post
          I doubt it,,, it's mismatches.. These aren't major fights,, canelo didn't crack 500k with Lara, angulo, kirkland.. Neither Maidana or khan are coming off huge wins..
          At best it does 500k and some change.. Gets nowhere canelo/Cotto numbers which underperformed..

This is what's wrong with boxing,, the damn lineal champ at 160, DOESNT fight any guys at 160, instead fights at 155 vs blown up welters that are tailor made to get the crap kicked out of them by canelo.
          Those fights easily pass 500k, Khan and Maidana are far bigger names than those guys you mentioned.

Comment

Originally posted by aldo5408 View Post
            Canelo doesnt need gg for anything. Let canelo make some real money now and then fight gg. Team gg has already proven to be an awful negotiating team
            Outside of for his own self respect I largely agree with you. This is an asses in seats/PPV buys business more than a competitive sport at the top these days. I understand that from a business point of view.

That said it says everything about Canelo as a boxer & Oscar as a promoter that they have shown little desire to fight the #1 competitor in the division Canelo's fighting in just like Sergio & Miguel before him. As a boxing fan its highly disappointing that some elite level popular boxers (Manny vs Algieri, Floyd vs Berto & now Canelo vs Khan & maybe vs Maidana) take on less than deserving competitors & they are sold as big fights. But from businessman me respect to Canelo.

Comment

Originally posted by _original_ View Post
              Those fights easily pass 500k, Khan and Maidana are far bigger names than those guys you mentioned.
              You overestimate their value.... Cotto was Canelo's biggest possible fight and could barely crack 800k.. I suspect they will do 400-450k.. I could be wrong

Comment

Wasn't this match-up rumored a couple years ago? It was a **** match-up then, what makes it any better now?

Comment

How pathetic would it be if Canelo fought Maidana or Margs in Spetember?

Comment

Originally posted by FlatLine View Post
                    Another rumor I heard is Antonio Margarito as Canelo's come back opponent after he loses to Khan.
                    Yea I saw thst or maybe have margarito fight Canelo brother first

Comment

With the way 2016 is shaping up (in terms of boxing stars) I wouldn't be surprised.

Comment

Working...
                      X