Collapse
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• More excuses for Dawson than he has for sacking trainers

Chad is shot!
    The weight has ruined him & all this.

No, how about he came in with the most stupid gameplan possible against a puncher. I predicted an early K.O for Stevenson & I said 15 secs in, this ain't going long. I mean WTF was he doing seriously?

Glass Jawson has never been all that, hes another bordering world level fighter who has always been vulnerable.

Do people forget the beating a 42 yr old faded Johnson put on him?
    The amount of times this guy has hit the deck.
    Pascal taking his soul.

All of this before he even fought Ward.

Dawson has always been overrated especially on here. Its easier to say a guy is shot etc than to admit you was wrong.

Hes boring, fragile, mentally weak and a project of his own hype. Did he really for one second think he was the puncher in there last night? The guy hasn't stopped, dropped, hurt anybody of any note for a decade, maybe even never. I don't think hes ever beaten a decent near prime fighter has he?

Look at his opposition I know Stevensons is worse and Chad has decent names on his resume but these guys are literally all 42-47 years old!

Dawson is ridiculously overrated. Oh well new trainer time that'll be an emotional rollercoaster until Pascal whoops his ass again.

He beat Hopkins. Not many LHW can do it even now. And all those old guys he beat, they were easily the best guys at the weight.

You're right he might have gotten KOed by Stevenson at any point, but there's no chance that ill advised Ward fight didn't hurt Dawson's prospects.

Comment

Umm isn't gameplanning the trainer's job? So how are you blaming Chad for it?

Posted from Boxingscene.com App for Android

Comment

Originally posted by HeroBando View Post
        He beat Hopkins. Not many LHW can do it even now. And all those old guys he beat, they were easily the best guys at the weight.

You're right he might have gotten KOed by Stevenson at any point, but there's no chance that ill advised Ward fight didn't hurt Dawson's prospects.

I agree on the B-Hop comment though I do have to state I think the LHW division at the minute is tremendously weak but it is picking up.

As great as B-Hop has been and as good as he still is for me hes clearly well, well past his best but that isn't to say he can't still beat top prospects and decent fighters at LHW. I think his age makes his wins all that more impressive. Good wins still but Cloud & Murat aren't world class operators for my liking.

I wouldn't like Dawsons chances against the B-Hop of even 2-3 years back.

Comment

Originally posted by .:: JSFD26 ::. View Post
          Umm isn't gameplanning the trainer's job? So how are you blaming Chad for it?

Posted from Boxingscene.com App for Android

Lol this is literally something like his 9th trainer in as many fights! You can be sure he'll be getting a new one now too
          Dawson has been raging all week about how he is the puncher, Stevenson is in for a shock and look how mad and careless he fought? I think it was all about Dawson trying to prove a point that he is ''king of the LHWs''

He could of used his reach and speed advantage and probably won instead he fought like an idiot. I give him that though at least he tried to be exciting for once.

Comment

Originally posted by dan_cov View Post
            I agree on the B-Hop comment though I do have to state I think the LHW division at the minute is tremendously weak but it is picking up.

As great as B-Hop has been and as good as he still is for me hes clearly well, well past his best but that isn't to say he can't still beat top prospects and decent fighters at LHW. I think his age makes his wins all that more impressive. Good wins still but Cloud & Murat aren't world class operators for my liking.

I wouldn't like Dawsons chances against the B-Hop of even 2-3 years back.
            I dunno, Taylor doesn't really have anything on Dawson, and he ran Hopkins close way back.

Comment

Originally posted by HeroBando View Post
              I dunno, Taylor doesn't really have anything on Dawson, and he ran Hopkins close way back.
              Hopkins was past prime then too. He was 40 years old.

Also Taylor didn't really beat Hopkins. I mean even if u scored the fights for Taylor it was more about Hopkins losing the scores on cards then Taylor beating him, i.e low work rate (even though Hopkins out landed Taylor in both fights).

Dawson on the otherhand clearly beat Hopkins and it was evident Hopkins age was just too far advanced to handle the style of Dawson.

Comment

Originally posted by ИATAS View Post
                Hopkins was past prime then too. He was 40 years old.

Also Taylor didn't really beat Hopkins. I mean even if u scored the fights for Taylor it was more about Hopkins losing the scores on cards then Taylor beating him, i.e low work rate (even though Hopkins out landed Taylor in both fights).

Dawson on the otherhand clearly beat Hopkins and it was evident Hopkins age was just too far advanced to handle the style of Dawson.
                Yea I know, Dan said a couple of years back. Taylor was more than a couple. Granted, Hopkins may have gained some life with the move up to LHW.

Comment

Working...
                X