Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Catchweight King Pacquiao's career is done as to interesting and lucrative fights

Collapse
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by Flood View Post
    Pacman stated a million times that he won't fight anyone over 150, so he has basically taken himself out of contention from Canelo, Cotto and basically all interesting and lucrative fights. Pac thus has NO ONE interesting to fight anymore, as Mayweather is running scared with ridiculous excuses to not fight him. Who the hell wants to see JMM 1,000, Bradley 500, and other snoozefests under Bob Arum's sleeper of a stable?

The interesting and beyond lucrative part of his career is basically done, and he won't ever make more than 800k buys, or even reach close to that number anymore, unless he changes his tune with respect to his ridiculous catchweight demands.

Thoughts? Opinions?
    First **** u for being an alt. You can't post and make thread from your real account because you know your thread is garbage.

Floyd has nothing left. Schafer still under contract for 2 years in GBP which mean he can't work to anybody. TMT Promotion is just a decoration without any license to promote nor a capacity/machinery/money to promote a big fights and so did Haymon. I don't even think they can get date to schedule their fights which is mostly controlled by Top Rank and GBP.
    Last edited by straightleft; 06-10-2014, 04:31 AM.

Comment

Who is left?

JMM, Thurman, Provodnikov, Matthysse, Maidana, Khan, Garcia, Crawford, Broner

Comment

Name calling and catchweight blame games aside, OP has a point. TR has nearly run out of options for Manny. JMM V would sell reasonably well but JMM doesn't seem to want it; there's absolutely no interest in Bradley III or Rios II; Alvarado is damaged goods. The only realistic opponent left is Provo.

BUT if TR and GBP do make peace and start working together, there will be plenty of interesting options for Manny (the ones Weebler listed).

Comment

Why is everyone asking who should Floyd fight? And people are also saying, Manny has no one to fight in Top Rank?

As if no one knew the answer to who both should fight 5 years ago

Comment

Originally posted by straightleft View Post
            First **** u for being an alt. You can't post and make thread from your real account because you know your thread is garbage.

Floyd has nothing left. Schafer still under contract for 2 years in GBP which mean he can't work to anybody. TMT Promotion is just a decoration without any license to promote nor a capacity/machinery/money to promote a big fights and so did Haymon. I don't even think they can get date to schedule their fights which is mostly controlled by Top Rank and GBP.
            Great, I guess anybody who has a different opinion to this ****** is an alt. Ph*ck you back. I happen to agree that Floyd doesn't have much else to pick from b/w 147-154, but then my thread wasn't about Floyd, was it? You're just exposing the fact that you're a ******* by emotionally lashing out when someone criticizes your hero instead of actually offering an opinion.

Better luck next time. "Thank you, come again".

Comment

Originally posted by Weebler I View Post
              Who is left?

JMM, Thurman, Provodnikov, Matthysse, Maidana, Khan, Garcia, Crawford, Broner
              I agree, some of these fights are interesting, but then most are with Haymon and not Golden Boy or Top Rank. Also, not lucrative and would not reach anywhere near 800k buys, which seems to be the key to making these fights per bull**** boxing politics. Therein Manny's problem.

As for JMM 5? Please no.

Comment

I disagree based only on the hope that Golden Boy and Top Rank work together now since the split with Schaefer/ Mayweather. Pacquiao is still a capable and dangerous opponent.

Comment

I thought floyd was the catchweight king.

Comment

It's not so much that Pac is running out of options and opponents. It's just his signing an extension with Top Rank was a huge mistake; Given the Promotional company's very small stable of talent.

I truly believe and I might be wrong on this one but Top Rank is on its way out of business. At one point they had the deepest roster of fighters in all of boxing but now their talent pool has become so very sparse to the point of them recycling rematches to the public and forcing current fighters to sign extensions in order to secure their guarantees.

Bob Arum wants Cotto to stay with Top Rank but he doesn't have any qualified opponents to challenge him. He has even gone so far to propose a potential Cotto-Bradley mismatch on us boxing fans now for crying out loud; These are just a few of the tell-tale signs that things must not be going so well over there.

The truth is, he needs Golden Boy a lot more now than Oscar needs him.

Comment

I wish people would stop bringing up catch weights. They've been around for years. It's a dumb way to discredit somebody.

Comment

Working...
                      X