No announcement yet.

tredmill vs track running: i find a huge difference

Collapse
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• tredmill vs track running: i find a huge difference

man i have been training pretty good everyday on the tredmill. ive gotten to go 10 mins straight running. before i could do 2-3 and be too tired. ive gotten to go farther and longer. i do 25-30 min runs total on the tredmill.

than when i went on a track i went a quarter mile and my legs felt like jelly and i was like HOLY fk man LOL

big difference. im gonna be training on both but concentrate more on land training than tred mill

your probly running alot faster on the track then on the tread.

time your tread 1/4 mile and your track quarter mile times 20-30 sec faster could mean that your running .5 to 1 mph faster on the track as 1 mph faster then your used to can drastically cut your stamina.

Comment

Treadmill is a lot easier because it moves for you, which helps you. The good thing is you can maintain a speed and perhaps increase the gradient, but the roadwork/track is another game completely.

Roadwork is mentally tougher without seeing the numbers change for me. Having the same image/landscape is also quite boring because the pace is quite slow.

The other issue is pain, tredmills only hurt your calfs mainly, but roadwork hurts your whole body when you first start. Basically it works your whole body everytime, whether you get use to it or not.

Roadwork is more harder on wear and tear to the body so use your toes or the front of your feet and find the right technique and relax.

Harder workout = better results

Comment

also, raise the incline on the treadmill to increase difficulty.

Comment

Nothing beats road work...............NOTHING.

Comment

Originally posted by P-Killer View Post
            Treadmill is a lot easier because it moves for you, which helps you. The good thing is you can maintain a speed and perhaps increase the gradient, but the roadwork/track is another game completely.

Roadwork is mentally tougher without seeing the numbers change for me. Having the same image/landscape is also quite boring because the pace is quite slow.

The other issue is pain, tredmills only hurt your calfs mainly, but roadwork hurts your whole body when you first start. Basically it works your whole body everytime, whether you get use to it or not.

Roadwork is more harder on wear and tear to the body so use your toes or the front of your feet and find the right technique and relax.

Harder workout = better results
            when i first got it i always had to take a day or 2 off becuz my calfs hurt like a son of a gun man. but now its all good. last night i ran 10 mins straight but my calves started hurting again. ima do some road work later

Originally posted by purecyse View Post
            also, raise the incline on the treadmill to increase difficulty.
            i dont have incline on mine. its cheap lol

Originally posted by Cuauhtémoc1502 View Post
            Nothing beats road work...............NOTHING.
            no doubt man. ima stick to road work

Comment

treadmills are easier..cause the street doesnt move

Comment

both the treadmill and the street surface[either park or gravel] are both good conditioning tools,

Comment

Man I only run on the treadmill when I want have a sneek peak at the girls on the tread mill next to me, or look at theh girls running around the track. The treadmill will make your legs stronger and get them ready for roadwork, but nothing beats actual running, plus ten minutes running on a treadmill seems liek an eternity, while 20-30 minutes running outside is a breeze...

Comment

Originally posted by Ruby Robert View Post
                    your probly running alot faster on the track then on the tread.

time your tread 1/4 mile and your track quarter mile times 20-30 sec faster could mean that your running .5 to 1 mph faster on the track as 1 mph faster then your used to can drastically cut your stamina.
                    lol damn u love treadmills!

Comment

Working...
                    X