Collapse
No announcement yet.

Donaire vs. Tapia @115

Collapse
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Would be interesting too see Donaires power against Tapias freakish chin,i think johnny wins a decision personally,although having a hard time playing out the fight in my mind

Comment

Whoooo, at 115? Tapia's best weight and prime division. He was faster than Donaire at 115, and Donaire is bloody quick. The only difficulty would be Donaire's size because he really is very, very big for the guys at those weights.

Nonetheless, Tapia is undefeated at 115 and in my opinion stays this way. He had the ability on the inside, outside, boxing and brawling. Speed goes to Tapia and they are both excellent counter punchers but Tapia, so far of course, has shown he could dig down really, really deep as well as work like the crazy mother****ing madman he is! Tapia's workrate alone could see him outpoint Doniare and he's not getting knocked out at 115.

Donaire might go on to do great things from here on out, but at 115 I think I would always take Tapia. He was really something special at 115 and at his best. We also missed out on four of his prime years at 115 just as he was about to win a title when he got put in prison.

Comment

Originally posted by CarlosG815 View Post
        I think he lacks power but he does have great speed.

I'd have to go with Tapia.
        Originally posted by BigStereotype View Post
        Anyone have a new take based on what we saw on Saturday? This kid is the real deal, no doubt about it. Still any doubts about his power, Carlos?
        I always thought the one thing there was no doubt about was his power. His one punch KO of Vic proved that to me. Vic has a excellent chin and he was gone. He had, and since has before the Montiel fight too, shown that kind of power.

I genuinely felt that is what was going to happen though. Hasegawa showed that it may have been just the right time to take Montiel, but he didn't have the power that Doniare had because he was outboxing him even more than Doniare was and got stupidly brave. From that fight and what I knew of Donaire I thought it was going to go one of two ways: Doniare was going to knock him out early or dominate him over the course.

Great shot, and we may already have the KO of the year!

Comment

Originally posted by BigStereotype View Post
          Anyone have a new take based on what we saw on Saturday? This kid is the real deal, no doubt about it. Still any doubts about his power, Carlos?
          Stereo, I thought about this thread the minute I saw Montiel go down. Without question, Donaire has a lot more power than I gave him credit for. That was an outstanding shot throw with precise accuracy and an insane amount of speed.

Donaire is the real deal, no question. I have never been huge on Montiel, like I said before, but Montiel is still a very good boxer, yet prone to taking shots. I have seen Montiel take shots but that shot from Donaire was by far the hardest shot he has ever taken.

Comment

Originally posted by CarlosG815 View Post
            Stereo, I thought about this thread the minute I saw Montiel go down. Without question, Donaire has a lot more power than I gave him credit for. That was an outstanding shot throw with precise accuracy and an insane amount of speed.

Donaire is the real deal, no question. I have never been huge on Montiel, like I said before, but Montiel is still a very good boxer, yet prone to taking shots. I have seen Montiel take shots but that shot from Donaire was by far the hardest shot he has ever taken.
            I never liked Monteil, the guys average but Donaire did exactly what great fighters do to opponents like that when it counts

Comment

Originally posted by BennyST View Post
              I always thought the one thing there was no doubt about was his power. His one punch KO of Vic proved that to me. Vic has a excellent chin and he was gone. He had, and since has before the Montiel fight too, shown that kind of power.

I genuinely felt that is what was going to happen though. Hasegawa showed that it may have been just the right time to take Montiel, but he didn't have the power that Doniare had because he was outboxing him even more than Doniare was and got stupidly brave. From that fight and what I knew of Donaire I thought it was going to go one of two ways: Doniare was going to knock him out early or dominate him over the course.

Great shot, and we may already have the KO of the year!
              It's a shame, in my eyes, that Hasegawa moved up. A loss isn't the end of the world and I think he could still give Donaire a very good fight at BW.

Comment

Originally posted by Clegg View Post
                It's a shame, in my eyes, that Hasegawa moved up. A loss isn't the end of the world and I think he could still give Donaire a very good fight at BW.
                I think weight was an issue there.

Plus, he magically became the number at 126 not too long after.

Comment

Working...
                X