Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Who else has Gary Russell Jr. winning this weekend by controversial decision?

Collapse
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Dude is gonna be beat down by jhonny... Late stoppage

Comment

Originally posted by HanzGruber View Post
      Haymon has no incentive to rob one of his own fighters. If anything he woulda robbed loma
      Jhonny's not one of his own. I believe Haymon has options and promised him Abner if he wins but he gets to continue protecting Mares and Russell gets a belt if Russell wins. He wipes his hands clean of Gonzalez if he loses. Also after taking a 12 round beating, someone scored the Loma fight a draw. That was a bit suspicious

Comment

I actually wanna see how well Russell could take a punch when he is hit by a power puncher, he took a beating in the Loma fight, Loma was ripping that body and Russell just wouldn't go down until the end of the 12th where he looked like he was ready to be knocked out.

Comment

Haymon knows Russell is never gonna be that good, so he is cashing him out before he goes all victor ortiz on us and loses to journeymen and loses all name value

Comment

Gonzalez has a bad chin seems to choke in alot of his big fights

Comment

Originally posted by SkillspayBills View Post
              It is a total clash of styles I agree. I also think this fight will be boring as ****.
              The only interest in the fight will be as TBA killer is pitty patting his way to piling up a huge lead on the cards, the anticipation that Johnny will land the big left hook and Russel takes a nap.

Comment

Haymon has no incentive to rob one of his own fighters. If anything he woulda robbed loma
                Gonzalez is not a Haymon fighter. Gonzalez has a deal with Haymon that if he beats Russell Jr. then he gets Mares, and if he beats Mares then he gets Santa Cruz.

I'm pretty sure Haymon would rather make Mares vs. Russell Jr. and then the Mares/Russell Jr. winner vs. Santa Cruz. Haymon definitely has an incentive to rob Gonzalez.

Comment

It almost was a robbery, I had Russell winning 2-3rds vs Loma but he won by only a MD....
                  Last edited by WarVeteranO01; 03-26-2015, 05:01 PM.

Comment

Jhonny > grj

Both have stamina issues late on in fights.

Jhonny has suspect chin. Gary doesn't have a great chin either. Dude was rocked vs loma a few times right until the final bell, another few seconds and loma would have got him out of there

Jhonny has not been out pointed in a fight except ponce de Leon who manhandled him up until the stoppage.I don't think grj is capable of fighting the fight ponce did

Jhonny beat a good southpaw hasegawa in 2011,

Jhonny has good speed. Set up the mares ko with a feint. Obviously his best punch is the big left hook but he's not limited to just that

If grj tastes the power early , he's gonna move a lot , throw combos then move or tie jhonny up . Jhonny is gonna try punching with him to catch him

Only way I see grj winning is if jhonny looks for the ko punch all fight then eventually gasses. He was wearing plastics at the media workout so he's not making weight easily.

Russell has short arms so he's gonna have to initiate attacks. All of grj's previous fights he's fought on the front foot- 1. Because he's been fighting bums with the exception of loma and 2. He's got short arms so he's got little other choice

Ultimately, I think that's what prevents him winning this fight in what I see a bad style match up for him. Al haymon has probably invested a lot into grj's career so I don't understand why he's putting him in with a guy like jhonny. It's make or break time for Russell.

Haymon has Gonzalez on a 3 fight deal or something like that?

Bookmakers have Russell the favourite, and incorrectly so.
                    Last edited by jas; 03-26-2015, 05:03 PM.

Comment

Originally posted by Dirk Diggler UK View Post
                      Was Russell that bad against Lomachenko? I know he clearly lost but thought he gave on OK account of himself. Can't really remember the fight though.
                      Yes. He did show a lot of heart doe.

Comment

Working...
                      X