No announcement yet.

Feds Seize KickassTorrents Domains, Arrest Owner

Collapse
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by racer59 View Post
    I agree with the first point, wholeheartedly. I can't wait for the day that I could buy a movie the day it's released.

Second point, is a bit misguided. It's actually very easy to get "independent or small label stuff out there." YouTube is one example. The hard part is generating revenue from it. Distributing it to the public is actually very easy these days.
    Yeah I mean out there in cinemas, video shops, or music shops or on radio. They mostly have deals with the big distributors.

So even if a song, show or movie gets relatively popular online you still can't then go through mainstream outlets.

For example my dad made a full length feature film that got good reviews and won awards at some festivals but the only way he could get it in all but the smallest cinemas was to go through certain distributors who wanted to take like the first 500k of profit before my dad saw a cent and with this type of film that's probably all it would make.

Comment

Just LOL @ you if this just **** blocked your torrenting homies.

Been torrenting for many moons and never once used KickassTorrents. Not once. And my source is absolutely reliable. Won't reveal it either, heaven forbid it gets shut down like these butt bandits.

Comment

The internet has been the wild west for a long time and getting away with this stuff is bound to come to an end sooner or later. These sites need to not exist anymore, period. I've used them, we all have, but acting like there is some sort of legit argument is nonsense.

When Metallica sued napster, everyone wrote their argument off as rich douchebags whining, but no one likes to mention that they were 100% right. People do not use the internet to preview music and then go buy it if they like it, and the prevailing argument at the time that if you make good albums your sales wont be affected turned out to be completely untrue.

15 years later the music industry barely exists! Buying music from itunes is trending wayyyyyyy down. A generation grew up getting music for free and now no one will pay for it ever again. Just like that. Thousands of jobs in that one industry alone, and I just don't mean stuck up singers and dancers, I mean receptionists, accountants, analysts, marketing, tech etc.... these jobs ceased to exist because people now feel they're entitled to get something someone else made for free.

Like, its singlehandedly killed rock and roll from the charts. You ever wonder why there are so few young rock bands coming out? It costs a lot to make a rock and roll record. You know whats cheap to make? Hip hop and EDM, and surprise surprise that's what rules the charts now; whatever can be made for little or no money. Four/Five guys cant keep at it on the road, support their families and pay for a road crew surviving on tshirt sales their whole lives, there has to be some sort of bigger payoff/residual income kicking in at some point or people will no longer have any incentive to do it, and that's whats happened.

That's also why rock and music in general has become so disgustingly middle class; only the well off can afford to even do it.

But yeah, tell yourself you're entitled to that Eagles discography torrent or whatever and it doesn't hurt anyone if you download it... because you would have never bought any music ever and just listened to Katy Perry and Kanye West on the radio all day if it wasnt for torrents.
        Last edited by paulf; 07-22-2016, 02:37 AM.

Comment

thank god for pandora. that is all.

Comment

First it was demonoid, then piratebay, now kickass torrents. And does kickass go down every few months anyways.

Whenever one goes down, another pops up. I rarely ever use kickass torrents. There are other sites out there.

Comment

Originally posted by paulf View Post
              The internet has been the wild west for a long time and getting away with this stuff is bound to come to an end sooner or later. These sites need to not exist anymore, period. I've used them, we all have, but acting like there is some sort of legit argument is nonsense.

When Metallica sued napster, everyone wrote their argument off as rich douchebags whining, but no one likes to mention that they were 100% right. People do not use the internet to preview music and then go buy it if they like it, and the prevailing argument at the time that if you make good albums your sales wont be affected turned out to be completely untrue.

15 years later the music industry barely exists! Buying music from itunes is trending wayyyyyyy down. A generation grew up getting music for free and now no one will pay for it ever again. Just like that. Thousands of jobs in that one industry alone, and I just don't mean stuck up singers and dancers, I mean receptionists, accountants, analysts, marketing, tech etc.... these jobs ceased to exist because people now feel they're entitled to get something someone else made for free.

Like, its singlehandedly killed rock and roll from the charts. You ever wonder why there are so few young rock bands coming out? It costs a lot to make a rock and roll record. You know whats cheap to make? Hip hop and EDM, and surprise surprise that's what rules the charts now; whatever can be made for little or no money. Four/Five guys cant keep at it on the road, support their families and pay for a road crew surviving on tshirt sales their whole lives, there has to be some sort of bigger payoff/residual income kicking in at some point or people will no longer have any incentive to do it, and that's whats happened.

That's also why rock and music in general has become so disgustingly middle class; only the well off can afford to even do it.

But yeah, tell yourself you're entitled to that Eagles discography torrent or whatever and it doesn't hurt anyone if you download it... because you would have never bought any music ever and just listened to Katy Perry and Kanye West on the radio all day if it wasnt for torrents.

Good post man.

I use torrents mainly for TV shows, boxing matches and the odd movie every now and then, but I'm one of the rare people who still buys CDs these days because I like collecting them. I'm also in my 30s and I make a decent living. So I've basically spent money on music my entire life.

I can only imagine being a broke college student who has never had to pay for music. Good luck trying to get that person to start paying for CDs or digital downloads.

Comment

https://youtu.be/Af0wXeN6_FY?t=1m16s

^^^
                this is serious guys it hurts legitimate business owners who arnt trying to con you with their sales techniques, be fair now
                Last edited by AlexKid; 10-23-2016, 06:43 PM.

Comment

http://www.kim.com

Dudes a real G.

https://www.google.com/amp/s/www.rt....?client=safari

He's coming back! The fat-basement dweller success story!
                  Last edited by BM dnobagaV; 10-23-2016, 06:48 PM.

Comment

Originally posted by Tago Nang Tago View Post
                    we know who is responsible for this....

the people who want to keep all the money related to media/movies/tv in-house and to themselves. god forbid you torrent a movie you wouldn't have otherwise watched...

the time is coming. they want blood. soon enough every song will be off youtube. you must pay PAY PAY!

Comment

Originally posted by Hype job View Post
                      That lil chinaman was hilarious.

Comment

Working...
                      X