3min Conditioning Rounds

Collapse
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by elveiel
    It doesnt matter if you fight pro or am,

you should be aiming to train on bags and pads - 3min round with 30 second breaks

I do this on bags and pads - 3mins round, take my gloves off+drink(15secs), skip or speedball(30secs), gloves on+rest(15secs), start anothor 3mins and continue for 10, 12 or 15 rounds depending on how much how fit i am. I do 6 and work my way up to 15 if i have been off training with injury.

When i'm sparring its 2min rounds with 1 minute breaks!! Its so easy!!
    Nice!I've also been shortening my rest periods between rounds to 30 seconds and have noticed an increase in recuperation times.I'll have to use your idea of integrating additional work into the rest periods elveiel.

Comment

Originally posted by ballast
      Nice!I've also been shortening my rest periods between rounds to 30 seconds and have noticed an increase in recuperation times.I'll have to use your idea of integrating additional work into the rest periods elveiel.
      Its cool but it hurts!!

you have to rush between rounds and dont get a real break, but the real killer is when my coach uses a punch counter, it makes you push yourself that little bit more because you want a impressive punch tally.

Comment

Originally posted by elveiel
        Its cool but it hurts!!

you have to rush between rounds and dont get a real break, but the real killer is when my coach uses a punch counter, it makes you push yourself that little bit more because you want a impressive punch tally.
        So, your coach doesn't let the round end until you meet a specific number of punches?Or is he just using it to get an idea of what your average punch output is?Thanks.

Comment

Working...
        X