Collapse
No announcement yet.

Why is Shane Mosley so highly rated?

Collapse
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Most of the people who overrate Mosley do so because they don't know the mediocrity of his LW run, and because of Oscar, which was a very good win.

Comment

hmm, the De La Hoya fights are what really make the difference for him. but there is evidence to suggest he may have been juicing in that period (the fight he arguably lost to DLH is the one he was categorically known to have juiced for, but who knows if he was on that stuff in the first fight).

i agree, very good fighter who was capable of having great nights but is generally overrated.

Comment

Originally posted by bojangles1987 View Post
        Most of the people who overrate Mosley do so because they don't know the mediocrity of his LW run, and because of Oscar, which was a very good win.
        Mediocre is too nice a word for it.

I'd go with something more along the lines of woeful or pathetic.

Comment

I dont think he's that highly rated. he has good physical talents, at some right nights he has step it up and thats enough to respect him except for the steroids issues.. I'll rate cotto above him.

Comment

Originally posted by dibzvincent143 View Post
            I dont think he's that highly rated. he has good physical talents, at some right nights he has step it up and thats enough to respect him except for the steroids issues.. I'll rate cotto above him.
            i wonder who most boxing fans think is "greater" of the two, cotto and mosley. think it's thread worthy?

Comment

Originally posted by MR. LARRYX
              Quote:

Originally Posted by Bushbaby

Damn, you must really dislike ginger then.

The hell is your issue with Alverez??did he f uck your mom or something??all you do is b1tch and moan about him in every damn thread..he is 22 damn years old and if moving his comp up,calm the f uck down...i remember you praising Williams like he was a god and his resume was ****..yet you constantly **** on Manny and floyd whos resume ****s all over fighters like williams..hell williams aint got much better wins then canelo
              Paul Williams? he beat winky wright, margarito, on paper he beat lara.... **** at least he fought lara.... thats good enough for me.

Posted from Boxingscene.com App for Android

Comment

Originally posted by happyman View Post
                i wonder who most boxing fans think is "greater" of the two, cotto and mosley. think it's thread worthy?
                I think its obvious prime mosley has the better skill set and in their best night he would win against cotto, but in terms of respect I just respect cotto more. both didn't run away from any challenged though, except for mosley's reason about his teeth and Pwills issues, but either way both has made the most of their careers.

Comment

Originally posted by Aztec Wanker View Post
                  He was a beast at LW but ever since he moved up to WW, he's been mediocre.

His best win is Oscar De La Hoya (13 years ago). Good win and somehow catapulted him to P4P #1.

Then loses to Vernon Forrest x2. Beats shot Vargas 2x. Loses to Winky x2. Shoulda lost to the Oscar rematch. Beats mid-tier guys like Collazo (good win IMO), Estrada, etc.

Then lets Cotto squeak by him then looks like ass vs shot Mayorga.

Then has his best win since Oscar, an already beaten fighter in Margarito. Shane is really lucky Margarito came in mentally fucked from what happened in the locker room.

Then it's all downhill from there. He was already gonna be used as a stepping stone for Berto, had a full training camp, then Floyd steps in, has another training camp and looks like ass. Has a TERRIBLE fight vs Sergio fkn Mora, looks like ass vs Pac and Canelo.

I don't see how this guy is so great above LW. He lost every single top fight he had. Oh, and he's a proven cheater.

Discuss, gentlemen.
                  Well yea, he realized he was going to be exposed as a fraud. That would mess anyone up

Comment

Originally posted by Hyper Knuckles View Post
                    In Larry's defense(never thought I'd say that), you tend to poo on Ginger ALOT. I get ur a devout follower of Trout, that's cool but give Canelo some time to develop bro. Good things take time.. He's still learning, GBP is being very shrewd with his matchmaking in hopes of fleshing out his arsenal and producing a megastar someday soon.
                    In theory, he's not even at his peak yet. Yes, he leaves alot to be desired. In spite of all that I can't help but notice a little talent, and with Oscar leading the charge you already know the kid's going to be on point come fight night. That's the problem with people nowadays. Everyone's always in a rush, no one has any patience. Unless you're a hardcore Trout means nothing to the casual fan in terms of resume for Canelo. Of course he was opting for a Cotto fight. Who isn't at 154. Let me drop this on you though. I bet Trout won't issue a challenge to P4P #4 Sergio Martinez for instance. It's the principle of the whole thing man!
                    I get what you saying about having patience and letting fighters develop. At the sametime though Canelo has had 40+ fights, has a belt and being billed as having been ready for the spotlight and big fights. IMO you can't baby and slow walk a fighter that has 40 fights, a belt and being touted as being ready for the big stage. If that is what is being put out by the fighter and his team then its time for them to show us better than they can tell us.

I whole heartedly belived Trout would fight Martinez but Martinez won't fight Trout. Martinez won't decline out of fear he will decline based off of money. Martinez won't even move up for a legacy fight vs. Ward. I like Martinez but he is getting overrated and more credit for stuff than he deserves. He wants only big money fights and he wants them with smaller fighters. IMO a fight versus Ward, Froch(in England) or B-Hop would make him way more money than he has been making but he will not utter a damn word about any of those fighters.
                    Last edited by tredh; 01-10-2013, 11:19 AM.

Comment

Originally posted by goblin213 View Post
                      He's Berto with a steel chin.

mosley was a very good fighter. he's not an ATG. he will get in to the hall of fame.

dan and i have gotten into it before about shane's tenure as a lightweight. by the end of it he was on the the p4p list. then he jumped to ww and after one or two fights he took on oscar de la hoya, who was jockeying for p4p with jones in the recent years before losing controversially to trinidad. for the record, jones was the much better fighter, but oscar was a huge star.

that was one of the biggest wins of the 2000's.

Comment

Working...
                      X