No announcement yet.

What's up with Andre Dirrell?

Collapse
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• What's up with Andre Dirrell?

Why has he only had 2 fights in 3 years against bums? He's 29 now and not getting any younger.

Shame as he has talent.

Amazingly talented but I fear he doesn't have the mental capability to make it at the truly elite level.

Look at the Froch and Abraham fights. He almost looked scared to go out and win them.

He spent half the night hugging and falling around against Froch but when he turned it on in the 11th (i think), he looked capable of outclassing Froch.

He absolutely boxed the piss out of Abraham but then looked determined to throw the fight away towards the end.

Ward is probably less talented but he'll find a way to win whereas Dirrell seems to try to find ways to lose.

Comment

Originally posted by Arsene Knows View Post
      Amazingly talented but I fear he doesn't have the mental capability to make it at the truly elite level.

Look at the Froch and Abraham fights. He almost looked scared to go out and win them.

He spent half the night hugging and falling around against Froch but when he turned it on in the 11th (i think), he looked capable of outclassing Froch.

He absolutely boxed the piss out of Abraham but then looked determined to throw the fight away towards the end.

Ward is probably less talented but he'll find a way to win whereas Dirrell seems to try to find ways to lose.
      He wasn't definitely mentally shutting down in the Abraham fight. He had that "Deer in the headlights" look on his face.

It is a shame because his performance against Abraham was exceptional and his career pretty much ended that night.

His career is over now. I have no clue why and how.

Comment

This thread gets made every 45 days or so. The guy is doing nothing with his talent. He thought he was doing himself a favor by changing management and "delaying" his fight with Ward. Now he'll be lucky if he ever fights him.

Comment

Originally posted by RichCCFC View Post
          Why has he only had 2 fights in 3 years against bums? He's 29 now and not getting any younger.

Shame as he has talent.
          Under 50 Cent promotions......was under Gary Shaw and Al Haymon before that so I think it's just getting new management in there and stuff that has left him dormant. But I think a Dirrell-Ward fight would sell if Dirrell could beat Degale or some other top contender.

Comment

I hope we get to see him again

First fight I saw of his was froch.

and I wonder to this day how he didnt get decision

Comment

Originally posted by IronDanHamza View Post
              He wasn't definitely mentally shutting down in the Abraham fight. He had that "Deer in the headlights" look on his face.
              It really cracks me up that people think Dirrell quit or faked it in the Abraham fight.

Yes he was put down in the previous round but he hardly looked badly hurt and his legs never went.

In the following round in which Abraham cheap shotted him, Arthur had not landed a single punch of any significance.

What happened was Arthur got pissed off and frustrated that he couldn't capitalize on his knockdown so he did something he would have gotten away with in Germany.

I challenge any one to post up the last round of that fight and show me one single punch that Abraham landed cleanly.

Comment

Originally posted by dmaclv View Post
                Under 50 Cent promotions......was under Gary Shaw and Al Haymon before that so I think it's just getting new management in there and stuff that has left him dormant. But I think a Dirrell-Ward fight would sell if Dirrell could beat Degale or some other top contender.
                DeGale would be a great fight for him but I can't see him or Groves taking it. He needs to get active and stay active to stand a chance against Ward.

Comment

Originally posted by Prince Mongo View Post
                  DeGale would be a great fight for him but I can't see him or Groves taking it. He needs to get active and stay active to stand a chance against Ward.
                  Well obviously they would only consider it if it were in the UK and even then they probably wouldn't want it.

Dirrell won't go over there. His performance against Froch was deserving of criticism for it's passiveness but he outlanded Froch about 5-1 with clean punches and lost the fight so it's hard to imagine him taking a make or break fight over there at this crossroads in his career.

Comment

Dirrell should challenge Thomas Oosthuizen who currently has the IBO belt.

Comment

Working...
                    X