Collapse
No announcement yet.

Most athletic heavyweight?

Collapse
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Deontay Wilder in the modern day. Marciano for all time!

Comment

Originally posted by SnakeVen0m View Post
      Not saying that he isn't at all m8. You asked if he was the most athletic and I don't believe he is. Haye isn't as muscular as him but he moves around a lot more limber than he does. Most people who become incredibly muscular lose their natural movement. they become stiffer.
      Oh, I totally agree. But AJ seems to be just naturally muscular and it doesn't seem to affect his movement or speed too much, from what we have seen. For the record, I believe Wlad has the correct mixture of attributes to be the most effective athlete in the division - Haye has athleticism of course but he isn't really a natural heavy in my mind so I don't judge him the same way - it would be sort of almost like me judging RJJ as the most athletic in the division ever just because he fought there once.

Comment

He's technically retired now, but I always thought Vitali was the most athletic guy in the division. Especially with that kickboxing background.

Comment

Klitschko and Povetkin are very athletic ( athletic doesn't mean being necessarily in shape). You also have Wilder and Jennings. I haven#t seen much of Joshua to say that he is athletic to be honest but he definitely seems to be.

Comment

David Haye. Excellent movement and reflexes. Also has fast hands.

Andy Ruiz. Twinkle toes and fast hands. He could have even faster feet and toes if he were in shape.

Comment

Most athletic is THE hw champ Wladimir Klitschko

Comment

when i hear athletic i dont think about how someone looks, even if i did i wouldnt focus on bulk. wilder is the most athletic HW out there by far, how else would he get to this point with virtually no skills? wlad is up there as well and obviously haye if he comes out of retirement.

Comment

Come on guys, it's Wladimir for sure. Wilder is a fantastic specimen as well.

Comment

Wlad is up there no doubt, but I have to give it to a younger man like Wilder or Joshua and would say Wilder because he relies a ton on his athleticism (not much in it either way though)

Comment

I guess a good way of judging it would be, who'd be the fastest sprinter over 100m. Got to be Haye. Joshua would probably bench more though.

BTW interesting seeing him dwarf Froch like that.

Comment

Working...
                      X