Collapse
No announcement yet.

need to gain 20 lbs, quick

Collapse
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

ok thanks man. most days i will have a 2 eggs on toast for breakfast (about 15g of protein?) (need to cut down on the bread, too many empty cals). the for lunch 2 sandwiches with beef chicken and stuff in. (maybe 20g of protein each?)
    preworkout meal of baked beens (25g) dinner (this is where i fall down. no idea what the cal, protein or fat content is but can be anything from pasta to roast chicken) and a last meal of 2 eggs on toast. so that comes to about

95g of protein + dinner wich is maybe up to 40 max. that would be a maximum amount realy, depending on what we have in the house i sometiems have much less.

problem is i am not the one in charge of the food budget and my parents claim meat is too expensive. so im going to invest in some preotein powder
    Last edited by josh-hill; 11-11-2010, 07:40 AM.

Comment

Originally posted by josh-hill View Post
      ok thanks man. most days i will have a 2 eggs on toast for breakfast (about 15g of protein?) (need to cut down on the bread, too many empty cals). the for lunch 2 sandwiches with beef chicken and stuff in. (maybe 20g of protein each?)
      preworkout meal of baked beens (25g) dinner (this is where i fall down. no idea what the cal, protein or fat content is but can be anything from pasta to roast chicken) and a last meal of 2 eggs on toast. so that comes to about

95g of protein + dinner wich is maybe up to 40 max. that would be a maximum amoutn realy. some days much less.

cool, well you're getting plenty of protein sources by the looks of things, which is obviously good. Keep those carbs whole wheat / wholemeal etc

just for example heres a few more good protein sources:

Organic peanut butter
      Cottage Cheese
      Lean meats - Turkey / Chicken / Steak

I aint providing anything ground breaking here... but when I clean bulked it was just a case of reminding myself of what was good and what wasn't

I've never counted the grams of protein etc, I just lifted heavy and ate lots of good protein sources and fueled it with carbs sourced from wholemeal bread, brown rice, whole wheat pasta, quinoa (also protein rich)

I was doing it more for aesthetics and as you're swimming a lot and boxing twice per week you may need more calories to gain as you're doing so much CV work.

How have you found it so far are you making good gains?

Comment

horrible gains acrturaly. when i started lifting i saw good gains. i got a decent amout of muscle, but also a hell of alot of fat. i was quite fat to begin with. i got from 18-12%bf and also lost alot of muscle but then i had the summer hollidays where i was away from home with no acess to a gym and went up to about 15% again. then i took up boxing and my lifting hasnt been as good. i tried to bulk and just seemed to put on more fat that muscle so gave up and ive been working on stregnth since. so far and have seen decent stregnth gains (got my squat up to 220lbs from 160 in a month ) . as you can see its been a rollercoaster.

how do i know when im at 8%bf? would it be safe to say cut tilll i have a six pack, then bulk?
        Last edited by josh-hill; 11-11-2010, 08:27 AM.

Comment

Originally posted by josh-hill View Post
          horrible gains acrturaly. when i started lifting i saw good gains. i got a decent amout of muscle, but also a hell of alot of fat. i was quite fat to begin with. i got from 18-12%bf and also lost alot of muscle but then i had the summer hollidays where i was away from home with no acess to a gym and went up to about 15% again. then i took up boxing and my lifting hasnt been as good. i tried to bulk and just seemed to put on more fat that muscle so gave up and ive been working on stregnth since. so far and have seen decent stregnth gains (got my squat up to 220lbs from 160 in a month ) . as you can see its been a rollercoaster.

how do i know when im at 8%bf? would it be safe to say cut tilll i have a six pack, then bulk?
          Well your strength gains sounds impressive mate

8% body fat is proper low mate, you're talking cover model stuff for fitness magazines there, and to get there isn't neccessarily healthy and is difficult to maintain. For competitive boxing I'd guess 8% is going too low as you'll be zapped.

If your concerntrating on aesthetics I'd focus on dropping the fat for now, then you can see what you're working with and focus on bulking cleanly

Comment

It depends on how you are built but generally most good competitive fighters would have a bf% in the 7-10 range. 8 isn't too low at all.

Comment

Originally posted by One more round View Post
              It depends on how you are built but generally most good competitive fighters would have a bf% in the 7-10 range. 8 isn't too low at all.
              I stand corrected....

does that include Eddie Chambers?

Comment

If your planning on adding weight and then cutting down to an ideal weight I would suggest going 5 pounds above the weight you wanna be at. Then Cut those 5 pounds off on the treadmill and weight room.

I remember reading that if you want to put on the weight and then cut down it doesnt have to be healthy foods. A few examples would be Robert DeNiro in Raging Bull who ate a ton of pancakes everyday. Or Jared Leto in Chapter 27 he melted ice cream in the microwave and mixed in soy sauce and olive oil to get fat. Or just do what most obese americans do and eat alot of fatty fried starchy foods. If your on a budget eat alot of eggs and drink sodas. That'll make you fat quick. I'm not sure if prices are that much different where you live that in the states but for 2 bucks you can get a carton of eggs and a loaf of bread.

Comment

ok thanks for the help guys, im afraid to say i am quite vain so aesthetics are quite important. not as important as preformance, but im no where near competing level so it wont have huge concequences. its looking like i will go up in ~ 8lb chunks. after 3 cycles of cut and bulk i should be at a decent weight and stregnth. after that im going to work on my stregnth untill i get to a nice stregnth, then start doing circuit work to increase endurance.

Comment

Originally posted by Check_hooks View Post
                    If your planning on adding weight and then cutting down to an ideal weight I would suggest going 5 pounds above the weight you wanna be at. Then Cut those 5 pounds off on the treadmill and weight room.

I remember reading that if you want to put on the weight and then cut down it doesnt have to be healthy foods. A few examples would be Robert DeNiro in Raging Bull who ate a ton of pancakes everyday. Or Jared Leto in Chapter 27 he melted ice cream in the microwave and mixed in soy sauce and olive oil to get fat. Or just do what most obese americans do and eat alot of fatty fried starchy foods. If your on a budget eat alot of eggs and drink sodas. That'll make you fat quick. I'm not sure if prices are that much different where you live that in the states but for 2 bucks you can get a carton of eggs and a loaf of bread.
                    got to disagree with you there bud

the guy is bulking with boxing performance in mind, dining out on a load of **** my lead to weight gains but the battle with fat loss and the effect on your inards is gonna be nothing but negative. Look at Ricky Hatton, I honestly think if he'd been more considerate to his body in between fights he'd not have wound up the way he has and he'd be all the better in the ring for it.

I ain't saying Josh-Hill should be a complete saint, he aint even competing as yet so the odd treat aint gonna hurt, in fact the principle of a cheat meal is a good boost, choose a day on the weekend where you're going to pig out, but dont rely on junk food to gain. Not if you have any aspirations of being fit / healthy

Comment

Working...
                    X