No announcement yet.

15 Most Exciting Warriors of the Ring

Collapse
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Originally posted by Panamaniac View Post
    Guys that could've made my thread-startin' list had they occured to me first:
    • Joe Frazier
    • Mickey Ward
    • Marvin Hagler
    • Larry Holmes
    • Diego Corrales
    • Jose Napoles
    Diego Corrales was the one guy who WANTED to go to WAR more than any of the others, he was so gutted when the Cassamayor fight was stopped. I remember him saying almost in tears how this was gonna be his war.... he felt cheated out of it.
    So glad he had that EPIC night with JCC before he passed, that night immortalised both men

Comment

• IMO Micky Ward, Tommy Morrison and Arturo Gatti are in a class of their own when it comes to consistently exciting 2 way fights

Comment

• some more deserving of consideration..... Willie Pep, Rocky Graziano, Ad Wolgast, Les Darcy, Battling Nelson, Kostya Tszyu, Jeff Fenech, Pancho Villa, John L. Sullivan, George Barnes, Lew Jenkins, Michael Katsides, Manny Pacquiao, Tony Zale, Archie Moore, Gene Fullmer. ........ I am not putting them above others named (or below either)...... I certanly doubt all their fights were sensational, but they certainly were involved in their fair share. I named Jenkins because of his legendary power, as far as I know there is ZERO footage of the guy but hell I would love to see him putting people to sleep with one hit. as for John L. Sullivan, well he was the drawcard for 2 decades and personally I think seeing that man in his prime must have been amazing.

Comment

• Originally posted by McGoorty View Post
          some more deserving of consideration..... Willie Pep, Rocky Graziano, Ad Wolgast, Les Darcy, Battling Nelson, Kostya Tszyu, Jeff Fenech, Pancho Villa, John L. Sullivan, George Barnes, Lew Jenkins, Michael Katsides, Manny Pacquiao, Tony Zale, Archie Moore, Gene Fullmer. ........ I am not putting them above others named (or below either)...... I certanly doubt all their fights were sensational, but they certainly were involved in their fair share. I named Jenkins because of his legendary power, as far as I know there is ZERO footage of the guy but hell I would love to see him putting people to sleep with one hit. as for John L. Sullivan, well he was the drawcard for 2 decades and personally I think seeing that man in his prime must have been amazing.
          Id love to see Lew Jenkins too, he sounds like a character and as u say a puncher! Its odd how u can be a fan of a guy u have never even seen before but it just works that way sometimes i guess...

Comment

• This guy's list was a but whack really mike spinks dude, come on.

1 Gatti
            2 Pacquieo
            3 Valero
            4 Dempsey
            5 Ray Robinson
            6 Lamotta
            7 Foreman
            8 Tyson
            9 Fraiser
            10 Morales
            11 Benn
            12 Hearns
            13 Barrara
            14 Tua
            15 Katsidis

My list was not in order and i know valero is a bit of a reach but he did KO every fighter he fought.

Comment

• Originally posted by lastrealfan View Post
              This guy's list was a but whack really mike spinks dude, come on.

1 Gatti
              2 Pacquieo
              3 Valero
              4 Dempsey
              5 Ray Robinson
              6 Lamotta
              7 Foreman
              8 Tyson
              9 Fraiser
              10 Morales
              11 Benn
              12 Hearns
              13 Barrara
              14 Tua
              15 Katsidis

My list was not in order and i know valero is a bit of a reach but he did KO every fighter he fought.
              I take it you never saw Spinks at Light-Heavy?

Poet

Comment

• Originally posted by Panamaniac View Post
                Some were brawlers, others were boxers, all have one thing in common: They're 15 of the most exciting practitioners of the sweet science. They were quintessential crowd-pleasers who generated anticipation and incited passion. When the bell rang for the start of a round, the focus was on the ring without distraction.

If your favorite fighter is not on this list, I meant no slight; when I got the idea for the thread, they were the first 15 to come to mind and I challeged myself to rank them.
                1. Mike Tyson
                2. Jack Dempsey
                3. Roberto Duran
                4. Joe Louis
                5. [B]Muhammad Ali[/B]
                6. Sugar Ray Robinson
                7. Aaron Pryor
                8. Jake LaMotta
                9. Michael Spinks
                10. Arturo Gatti
                11. Julio Cesar Chavez
                12. Tommy Hearns
                13. Alexis Arguello
                14. Oscar De La Hoya
                15. Sugar Ray Leonard
                a thread with word "exciting" in it and The great Evander holyfield didnt make the list??? your thread suck big time....

Comment

• Originally posted by poet682006 View Post
                  I take it you never saw Spinks at Light-Heavy?

Poet
                  Michael Spinks only fought one fight in his career and it was against Tyson.

What is this "light heavyweight" you speak of? Since when are people weighing less than 200 pounds allowed to box?

Comment

• Originally posted by SBleeder View Post
                    Michael Spinks only fought one fight in his career and it was against Tyson.

What is this "light heavyweight" you speak of? Since when are people weighing less than 200 pounds allowed to box?
                    :chuckle9::chuckle9::chuckle9::chuckle9:

Comment

• Another one I'd like to add is Kevin Kelley. I usually found his fights to be pretty exciting. Not the most talented, but the guy had a lot of heart and came close to stopping Hamed.

Comment

Working...
                      X