Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Why so ignorant to the Cotto-Kirkland PPV?

Collapse
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by Ghost Rider View Post
    Pathetic, shameless Ricans, .
    Tell me what you would've done in Roc Nation's position, then.

Comment

Originally posted by AnimalisticMeth View Post
      Why so many here dont get it? Roc nation owes Cotto 15 million for 1 fight. What did you expect them to do? The only reason this fight is in texas is because jerry jones gave Roc Nation a 10 million fee for the fight so there was no possible way to get that fight on hbo because they need the ppv to atleast go even. Why not a better opponent? Well they tried for a year to get Marquez who would make a huge ppv fight and Marquez chicken out saying 147 or no fight even when Cotto said lets do 149. Bradley would ask for way more than they are playing kirkland and with what they owe cotto they cant pay bradley 5 million. The options were petterson or kirkland. Kirkland agreed to the 1 million pay day and the catchweight that sets the bar for atleast 200-250k on ppv at 70 + the jerry jones fee. All they need is to go even and not lose

Because it shouldn't be a ppv

Comment

Anne Wolfe training Kirkland.

R.I.P Cotto

Comment

Cotto vs peterson is a way better fight

Comment

Originally posted by bigjavi973 View Post
            Cotto vs peterson is a way better fight
            Disagree with that completely. Kirkland is the bigger, more relentless fighter. As far as entertainment value goes, Kirkland is a better choice over Peterson.

Comment

Originally posted by AnimalisticMeth View Post
              Why so many here dont get it? Roc nation owes Cotto 15 million for 1 fight. What did you expect them to do? The only reason this fight is in texas is because jerry jones gave Roc Nation a 10 million fee for the fight so there was no possible way to get that fight on hbo because they need the ppv to atleast go even. Why not a better opponent? Well they tried for a year to get Marquez who would make a huge ppv fight and Marquez chicken out saying 147 or no fight even when Cotto said lets do 149. Bradley would ask for way more than they are playing kirkland and with what they owe cotto they cant pay bradley 5 million. The options were petterson or kirkland. Kirkland agreed to the 1 million pay day and the catchweight that sets the bar for atleast 200-250k on ppv at 70 + the jerry jones fee. All they need is to go even and not lose
              You're projecting out a lot of figures that are simply not true. The package basically amounted to Miguel Cotto Promotions partnering with Roc Nation Sports on a longterm deal for a whole lot of money; how that money was breaken out was never made clear to anyone.

Beyond that, why you would earnestly spread that nonsense about Jerry Jones fronting $10m to stage a Cotto fight at the Cowboys practice facility is beyond me.

Comment

cotto is another bum hoerican wishing he was Mexican.

Comment

Originally posted by SunSpace View Post
                  Tell me what you would've done in Roc Nation's position, then.
                  Who cares about what Roc Nation should've/could've done. We're just fans.

The catch weight and the PPV aspects are lame, but at the end of the day it's a fun fight, even if it's pointless. No need to try to convince anybody this is a better fight than what it is or that Kirkland will be better prepared than he was for Canelo.

Comment

Originally posted by Ghost Rider View Post
                    Who cares about what Roc Nation should've/could've done. We're just fans.

The catch weight and the PPV aspects are lame, but at the end of the day it's a fun fight, even if it's pointless. No need to try to convince anybody this is a better fight than what it is or that Kirkland will be better prepared than he was for Canelo.
                    I believe that, under Wolfe, Kirkland will be better prepared.

Does that alter my prediction of a Cotto win? No, but ignoring it makes no sense, either.

It's simply the most exciting fight in boxing's foreseeable future.

Is that what boxing should be? No. Do we deserve better? Yes. Will fans punish the PPV for it? Probably.

But it is what it is. As much as I would've preferred Cotto-Marquez or Cotto-Bradley (Top Rank -_-'), I cannot bring myself to say that Cotto-Kirkland isn't an exciting and dangerous fight.

In fact, it's dangerous to the point where it frustrates me. Cotto shouldn't be facing such a heavy puncher when he won't receive enough credit for the win. At least with either Marquez or Bradley, Cotto would have added significantly to his legacy.

No fighter goes into a Cotto fight unprepared; this Wolfe thing, especially, is worrying news for me as a Cotto fan.

It's an unnecessary war.
                    Last edited by SunSpace; 12-14-2016, 12:02 AM.

Comment

Like countless examples before it, this is a nice HBO World Championship level fight, a fun fight that will likely be very entertaining for however long it lasts -- but it's a **** PPV fight.

$70 for this **** is absurd. Boxing wants to know why it's f**king dying...here's just another shining example why.

I expect awful PPV numbers for this one. Only hardcore Cotto fans will be shelling out for this one.

Comment

Working...
                      X