Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

20 yrs from now how will we view pac mans career?

Collapse
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

He's an ATG, and arguably the best of his era. I'll always remember him as one of the most exciting fighters I've ever seen as well.

Comment

Originally posted by Check_hooks View Post
      He'll be remembered as the greatest fighter of his era and up their with the top 3 all time.
      GTFOH

He is certainly an ATG and perhaps the best of his era (arguable)

Comment

He'll be underrated, for sure.

Comment

Originally posted by bojangles1987 View Post
          He's an ATG, and arguably the best of his era. I'll always remember him as one of the most exciting fighters I've ever seen as well.
          This and it's still not over. Duran came back from Hearns to eventually polish his resume with Barkley (ups and downs in between, like Sims). There might be one more epic win. The KO he suffered was masty. It was also of the once in a lifetime type. Duran never had another Hearns moment. IF a fifth fight happened with JMM and Pac managed to turn it around, the contortions of trying to analyze it in the moment would be comical.

For people who wanted to rate him with SRR, this is the come to Jesus moment Roy Jones fans had. In 2009, he seemed on the precipice of TRYING to get into the upper circle. He, or his team, or both, blinked a little. Clottey and Bradley were good wins (ignoring the decision in the latter), and Marg was far more exacting a fight and far better a performance than it got credit for, but Marg and Mosley were unneccesary and Marquez III was sort of cynically made.

Saturday assured Marquez's place right there with Pac historically. Both guys are among the best fighters anyone will ever see short of the Robinson's etc. Their "Fab Four" is as satisfying a foursome as boxing has ever seen. And Pac made all sorts of title history, some good (four lineal) some a wee silly ('eight' divisions).

He's an ATG, at peak one of the best offensive fighters in the history of the sport, and one of the top 50 fighters ever. So might Marquez be. He might get underrated for a little while, but his record will look even better over time and I could see him actually being a little overrated 30 years from now.

Comment

Originally posted by crold1 View Post
            This and it's still not over. Duran came back from Hearns to eventually polish his resume with Barkley (ups and downs in between, like Sims). There might be one more epic win. The KO he suffered was masty. It was also of the once in a lifetime type. Duran never had another Hearns moment. IF a fifth fight happened with JMM and Pac managed to turn it around, the contortions of trying to analyze it in the moment would be comical.

For people who wanted to rate him with SRR, this is the come to Jesus moment Roy Jones fans had. In 2009, he seemed on the precipice of TRYING to get into the upper circle. He, or his team, or both, blinked a little. Clottey and Bradley were good wins (ignoring the decision in the latter), and Marg was far more exacting a fight and far better a performance than it got credit for, but Marg and Mosley were unneccesary and Marquez III was sort of cynically made.

Saturday assured Marquez's place right there with Pac historically. Both guys are among the best fighters anyone will ever see short of the Robinson's etc. Their "Fab Four" is as satisfying a foursome as boxing has ever seen. And Pac made all sorts of title history, some good (four lineal) some a wee silly ('eight' divisions).

He's an ATG, at peak one of the best offensive fighters in the history of the sport, and one of the top 50 fighters ever. So might Marquez be. He might get underrated for a little while, but his record will look even better over time and I could see him actually being a little overrated 30 years from now.
            I don't think so.

Just the other week we had people ranking Duran lowest of the Fab Four.

Of course it depends what Pac does from here (My guess is not much) but I'm thinking in years to come, being flat on his face will be one of the focus points of his career as opposed to a lot of the impressive things he accomplished.

Comment

Originally posted by IronDanHamza View Post
              I don't think so.

Just the other week we had people ranking Duran lowest of the Fab Four.

Of course it depends what Pac does from here (My guess is not much) but I'm thinking in years to come, being flat on his face will be one of the focus points of his career as opposed to a lot of the impressive things he accomplished.
              I don't care how stupid people view Duran. The grown-ups don't rate him like that.

Comment

Originally posted by crold1 View Post
                I don't care how stupid people view Duran. The grown-ups don't rate him like that.
                Of course. But I'm guessing the TS is asking what the general public will think.

And in 20 years time my guess will be there will be a lot more stupid people than there are today.

Comment

Originally posted by IronDanHamza View Post
                  Of course. But I'm guessing the TS is asking what the general public will think.

And in 20 years time my guess will be there will be a lot more stupid people than there are today.
                  LOL...Mike Judge made a movie about it. Look, no way Saturday isn't a big part of the story but there's a ton of other as part of it and, long term, that won't get overshadowed. Look at Tyson...for all his flaws, the good stuff is remembered more and more over time. Offensive fighters have that.

Comment

Great career and a definite ATG

Even greater if he fires that fudgepecker Arum and near GOAT level if he just beats the **** out of him like Tyson did to the devil .. I mean Don King

Comment

ATG who in full flow was incredible too watch

Comment

Working...
                      X