Collapse
No announcement yet.

Sugar Ray Leonard: 'I'm more money than Mayeather'

Collapse
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Poor Floyd. I'm afraid his legacy will never recover from the "exposure" of sorts he suffered at the hands of Maidana. No fake "torn rotator cuff" to fall back on this time.. I had much higher hopes for him. As much as we want heroes; you can't make somebody what they aren't, you can't make somebody better than what they are. I doubt we'll see anyone make as much as money as he has for a very long time. Maybe that's all he ever wanted. His behavior has certainly been indicative of that. When he switched from the classic, stylish 'Pretty Boy' to the cheesy, garish 'Money' moniker I knew we had lost him.

Comment

• Originally posted by D4thincarnation View Post
      I don't think he would have been able to duck like he did. With guys like Hearns, SRL, Hagler and the heavyweight scene the American public would be interested in watching Floyd fight cherry picks, plus he would be in no position to do so.

The dearth of an American hero in boxing gave Mayweather the platform to become what he is. Haymon saw this and made his move and meticulously planned his every steep.

If Mayweather ducked fights like this then he ends up selling crack like his old man
      Floyd would have retired and wait until they all moved up a division or most probably two to be on the safe side before coming back

Comment

• Originally posted by A-Wolf View Post
        Poor Floyd. I'm afraid his legacy will never recover from the "exposure" of sorts he suffered at the hands of Maidana. No fake "torn rotator cuff" to fall back on this time.. I had much higher hopes for him. As much as we want heroes; you can't make somebody what they aren't, you can't make somebody better than what they are. I doubt we'll see anyone make as much as money as he has for a very long time. Maybe that's all he ever wanted. His behavior has certainly been indicative of that. When he switched from the classic, stylish 'Pretty Boy' to the cheesy, garish 'Money' moniker I knew we had lost him.
        and we must remember that Floyd fought a Maidana that was forced to fight with training gloves not his usual punchers gloves. Makes a difference both psychologically and due to the punches having a more on them.

Comment

• Originally posted by WilkinsOlajuwon View Post
          Sorry but unless you are BHOP or Foreman age is not a significant factor in assessing greatness. No one cares that SRL lost a fight to Terry Norris, etc because he was already a G for facing the most dangerous men at/near his weight class.

Its still WHO you fight and WHEN you fought them...tho Floydboys are doing their best to change the rules for greatness.

You just defined greatness in a nutshell.

Comment

• Originally posted by A-Wolf View Post
            Poor Floyd. I'm afraid his legacy will never recover from the "exposure" of sorts he suffered at the hands of Maidana. No fake "torn rotator cuff" to fall back on this time.. I had much higher hopes for him. As much as we want heroes; you can't make somebody what they aren't, you can't make somebody better than what they are. I doubt we'll see anyone make as much as money as he has for a very long time. Maybe that's all he ever wanted. His behavior has certainly been indicative of that. When he switched from the classic, stylish 'Pretty Boy' to the cheesy, garish 'Money' moniker I knew we had lost him.
            what was leanord doing at 37 ?

Comment

• Originally posted by arraamis View Post
              Damn .... wouldn't have thought Ariza would be that straight and honest in his assessment.

Looking forward to Mayweather vs Maidana II
              why like him or hate him he tells it like it is

Comment

• Originally posted by Cinci Champ View Post
                Getting treated like an international treasure by the worldwide community for having faced and bested the greatest fighters of his generation. A life full of pats on the back and standing ovations.

Comment

• No you aren't. Mayweather is richer.

Comment

• Originally posted by Cinci Champ View Post
                    Looking back on a career where he fought Benitez, Duran, Hagler, Hearns.

When you fought that many great fighters, what else is there to prove at 37?

Comment

• Btw what skirt colour has bob arum chosen for pacquiao to wear today

pookturds worry about the richest boxer money may but don't mind arum butt fu***ng pac on a daily basis

Comment

Working...
                      X