Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Why can't Team GGG pay Jacobs the 4-5 mil he asks for? Khan made 13 mil vs Canelo

Collapse
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by boliodogs View Post
    The explanation is simple enough and it has nothing to with money. Froch and Chavez are good fighters but they aren't aces. Ward and GGG are both aces. An ace can spot a good fighter 8 pounds without much risk. An ace would be foolish to risk spotting another ace 8 pounds.
    Do you consider Edwin Rodriguez an ace? Why did GGG offer him a fight at 164 with a 10lb rehydration clause after saying they'll fight anyone 154-168?

Originally posted by HeroBando View Post
    You don't need machinery to figure out the difference between 80k at Wembley and 300k on BET. Or do you?
    Thanks for proving my point

Comment

Originally posted by Motorcity Cobra View Post
      Thanks for proving my point
      I proved your point by disproving it? You really need tools to work out the difference?

Comment

Originally posted by creekrat77 View Post
        I haven't closely followed what each fighters purses were on what they made and what their opponents made in recent fights. But honestly it comes down to this. Al Haymon is a raging ass hole to negotiate with. In a passive aggressive way. He is going to try and win tooth and nail on every front to get everything he possibly can for his fighter. In every facet of negotiation he is going to try to win on his side being Jacobs under his promotion. All the nitty gritty details in contract stipulations he's going to want to fight over. This is what he does. He does it to such a high degree, even using it as a back door way to throw a wrench in getting a fight made by someone he doesn't want matched up with. My personal opinion is that he's over ambitious and this kind of ethics will drive himself into the ground. Fighters aren't like real estate or stocks. You don't own them and new opportunities can refuse a contract. It's only a matter of time before a faction of his fighters deviate from his vision/promotion. His advising places a ceiling on a fighters potential. For instance when Floyd was Errol's age, he was running through weight classes. Errol is being held like a pre-Madonna and isn't in the negotiating position to make fights with the biggest reward. Just has to wait his turn. Same goes for Jacobs. He just isn't important enough to take on serious risk, thus risking Haymon's interest. Like we all know, Haymon's interest are apparently his fighters interest... like we haven't heard that **** before.

Anyways, team Golovkin is very green and feel they have a real jackpot with Golovkin. Time is ticking though, and boxers around him are just waiting his career out. He should be running the show and demanding his team does everything in their power to get fights like Froch made back when it was possible
        K2 promotions is green? Are you serious?

How many negotiations have you had with Al Haymon? How about asking the guy who has actually negotiated with Al Haymon.

“I have nothing to do with whom the networks choose to work with, as (K2 Promotions) is open to do business with all promoters and managers,” Loeffler insists. “I’ve never had any issues whatsoever with Al, and there certainly weren’t any road blocks in making this fight. I dealt with Tom Brown directly, who worked with Al in making the fight happen.

So tell me about your negotiations with Al Haymon

Comment

I proved your point by disproving it? You really need tools to work out the difference?
          You proved my point that when it comes to the Ward/Froch/Chavez Jr situation you GGG fans become Morgan Stanley.

Comment

GGG fans are only accountants when it comes to explaining why he wouldn't fight Ward at 168 but he would fight Froch and Chavez Jr at 168. That's the only time they break out their abacus and start crunching numbers

Comment

You proved my point that when it comes to the Ward/Froch/Chavez Jr situation you GGG fans become Morgan Stanley.

Comment

It's doesn't take a CPA, you just gotta know a little boxing. Yes dummy, A siders get extra concessions. Take it from Ward, 160 for Floyd

Comment

Wow. This is what we're dealing with, most of these Ggg haters are literally ******ex
                  Pretty much. Look at the ways Golovkin can "prove himself":
                  -Fight Ward on demand
                  -Fight Lara on demand
                  -Fight Cruiserweights
                  -Fight Kovalev
                  -Drain himself
                  -Go up 175
                  -Pay millions out of his own pocket
                  -Accept 10-90 purse splits from Canelo
                  -Fire K2
                  -Take responsibility and stop ducking Quillin
                  -Take responsibility and stop ducking Heiland
                  -Take responsibility and stop ducking Khurtsidze
                  -Take responsibility and stop ducking Edwin Rodriguez
                  -Never negotiate any fight

The sad thing is that because all of those are.. well.. ******ed to put it kindly, the Golovkin haters keep regurgitating the same **** over and over and over and are still complaining about why he doesn't do any of those things. The fact that those ideas are idiotic doesn't even enter their mind.

Comment

K2 promotions is green? Are you serious?

How many negotiations have you had with Al Haymon? How about asking the guy who has actually negotiated with Al Haymon.

So tell me about your negotiations with Al Haymon

Comment

GGG hasn't even made $4 mil himself.

Comment

Working...
                      X