No announcement yet.

Is Pulev Wlads mandatory?

Collapse
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Is Pulev Wlads mandatory?

I can't keep up with all these mandatories and eliminators, final eliminators and such.

Is Kubrat Pulev Wladimirs mandatory?

I want to see this fight.
    I in noway, shape or form feel he wins but he is strong and has a very good jab himself, best in the division bar Wlads
    He moves well for a big man when he wants to, I think Pulev has very good footwork for a 6ft4, 240lb lump
    He also has a lot of experience not just amateur but in the pros against big heavyweights.

A lot of Wlads opposition, a lot of them had only fought 1 or 2 real big heavyweights. Haye for example with Valuev and Audley
    Povetkin I think the biggest guy he fought may of actually been Cedric Boswell or someone. Good size heavyweight don't get me wrong but not exactly a giant
    Leapai, the list is endless.
    Pulev seems to fight down to his oppositions level, his best performances came against the two biggest and two best opponents he has faced, IMO anyway

Basically I would like to see this fight. He is the 2nd best fighter out there behind Wlad. Yes better than Fury & Wilder

I am a fan of Wlads but if he fights Briggs next then that is a joke. A farce I won't be supporting especially after his two recent fights where his opposition blatantly looked for a soft spot on the canvas to lay down.

Pulev officially became IBF mandatory after the Thompson win which was a final eliminator after Adamek and Fury declined the oppertunity. I don't know why he fought Leapai first since he became WBO later on. Klitschko facing Kubrat needs to happen next he's been mandatory the longest, he's rated #1 by RING and is the toughest challenge out there for him.

Comment

Yup, let's see if the IBF mandates it. I think they did it for the second Thompson fight.

Comment

Originally posted by Mikhnienko View Post
        Pulev officially became IBF mandatory after the Thompson win which was a final eliminator after Adamek and Fury declined the oppertunity. I don't know why he fought Leapai first since he became WBO later on. Klitschko facing Kubrat needs to happen next he's been mandatory the longest, he's rated #1 by RING and is the toughest challenge out there for him.

Thank you for the info.
        Hopefully we get this fight in the late summer then and not a Briggs fight. I am almost dreading Briggs somehow talking his way into a payday.

Briggs should get in line and fight Leapai

Comment

I feel bad for Pulev, he's done so much more than the other contenders but gets ignored by the sanctioning bodies, fans, and other fighters.

Comment

Pulev is a solid fighter but nothing he does really sticks out. Wlad will just pick him apart on the outside all night until he lands clean one of his signature straight right hands.

Comment

Originally posted by BostonGuy View Post
              Pulev is a solid fighter but nothing he does really sticks out. Wlad will just pick him apart on the outside all night until he lands clean one of his signature straight right hands.
              Yea, i think Pulev deserves a shot and people will give Wlad more credit leading up to the fight. Pulev is solid... but Wlad beats him all the same

Comment

Briggs won't get the fight...and for people to even be worried about that happening shows his publicity stunts worked/are working. Is that what it takes now - a former champ shot to bits to get in shape and start calling out the champ to get a fight? This isn't the first time a past-it guy has been begging for a fight...it's happened with Holyfield...lesser guys who never got a shot like Oquendo I seem to recently remember.

Anyway, Wlad respects the sport not to put a hurting on faded guys just cos they want a payday. Now that the press conferences and fight are done, Briggs has no platform to gatecrash now. His publicity will fade and his attempts will slowly fade away too...

Pulev will be next, i'm quite sure of that. Hopefully later this summer, around September. It's a good fight...Pulev has deserved a shot and worked his way up at least, ducking no-one and getting experience with big men. Don't think he has any advantages or outstanding tools to win with, but he will make it competitive. It would be a good win for Wlad if he would dispatch him convincingly.

Let's see how it progresses.

Comment

Working...
                X