Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Amir Khan: "My Natural Weight is 153 lbs"... Is Khan Weight-Drained At 140?

Collapse
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

I'm sorry but no way is he weight drained... in some of his weigh ins at 140 he has looked soft around the waist... you can't have fat deposits and be killing yourself to make weight.

Comment

Originally posted by -Huey- View Post
      If the little guys put him to sleep at 140, imagine what a solid 154 pounder would do to him!?
      Being weight-drained means a lighter puncher could do a lot more damage to you. See Ward vs Dawson where Dawson was weight-drained, had trouble taking Ward's shots. Ward hadn't knocked out anyone in the Super 6 but he somehow was able to knockout Dawson, who had never before been knocked out, fighting hard hitting light-heavyweights.

Dawson was knocked out by a super middleweight with average or below average punching power. That's what weight-draining can do to a fighter.

Comment

He has grown a bit from his earlier days but if you don't think hes severely weight drained or anything, I do however think he killed himself to make 135. Watch his weigh in from those days. I think in a year he should move up to 140, he eats a lot of bs food (drinks alcohol from ppl I know that know and other reports) between fights. I think he was more disciplined between fights earlier on in his career.

Comment

More nonsense about Khan, never ending

Comment

Originally posted by dan_cov View Post
            Hes just saying this in hope of landing the Mayweather fight he is so obsessed with. Be careful what you wish for.

i'd fight floyd mayweather for 2.5 million and a small cut of the ppv.

wouldn't you?

Comment

Abolutely not, he has fought most of his career there and claims he feels great before every fight. I've never heard him complain once about weight, he always comes in to the fight in great shape and loos strong.

He is going to move up and get laid the frick out in his first fight. A weak chin doesn't get better but the boxers sure punch harder when you move up in weight.

Comment

Originally posted by craigus1990 View Post
                I'm sorry but no way is he weight drained... in some of his weigh ins at 140 he has looked soft around the waist... you can't have fat deposits and be killing yourself to make weight.
                Exactly, great points. Khan is clearly full of crap, dude just wants to justify moving up in weight....he is gonna get laid out quick though....he has a RJJ chin (no offense).

Comment

I think if he takes care of himself a bit more in between fights he wouldn't have to kill himself to make weight.

Comment

Hahahaha....

I love this guys delusions, he is genuinely mental. Alright Amir, j ump up to 154 and fight Canelo, see what happens.

Comment

I'm a Khan fan

But it's getting to the point of impossibility defending the dude. Comments like this is why so many in the boxing world can't stand Amir.

Comment

Working...
                      X