No announcement yet.

George Foreman vs the giants

Collapse
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• George Foreman vs the giants

George Foreman was a destroyer and I don't think theres any come forward fighter that beats him but could he ko the giants like Lennox, Wlad, Vitali and ill throw in Wilder aswell.

Originally posted by likeamulekick View Post
    George Foreman was a destroyer and I don't think theres any come forward fighter that beats him but could he ko the giants like Lennox, Wlad, Vitali and ill throw in Wilder aswell.
    Yes he could.

Comment

He could. Foreman I believe is the physically strongest pound for pound fighter ever lived. With that I'm not just talking about his punching power but the strength he displayed physically. He was so strong in the clinch, he was able to man handle or atleast push back every opponent he ever faced in the clinch. He was so strong it was sometimes ugly to watch because he would abuse this gift and break the rules, with the way he shoved guys back several feet even with one armed pushes or illegally got space for his ideal punching range that way.

It was like he was well trained in Roman Greco wrestling, he seemed to be an expert in leverage in the clinch.

My point with all of that is that he would not have any trouble against these big men size wise unless he gasses out late in the fight. He would have trouble with their long jabs and reach in general, but in close I would bet money on George actually being stronger and more effective in the clinch although it would be close with Lewis, who had a lethal right uppercut against opponents coming in.

I always had Lewis beating him, Foreman beating Wlad(God how I would love to see Wlad try to grab and man handle George freaking Foreman, LOL it would look comical) and it could go either way against Vitali but I'd favor George winning by doctor stoppage.

Comment

of course he could. foreman was a destroyer. I think vitali would have the best chance at remaining upright through the bout but wlad and lewis would be knocked out imo

Comment

Stylistically a young Vitali would be a good fight, the rest would get knocked out pretty easily. You don't over power Foreman, you have to hit and move and you have to have a granite chin.

Comment

I agree, most of these guys would need to hold George in the early rounds to get into there groove and I think his heavy hands would cut through there cover and still have enough power to knock out Lewis and Wlad. None of them have a reach advantage, and yeh I think vitali probably has the best shot.

Comment

hes not only a giant himself hes also p4p devastating at his gargantuan size thats like uber rare, he has that ability to take out those much bigger than himself yet he is big also, most big men can only take out those smaller or about the same size, if there was a competitive weight division or 2 above George/HW he would still be knocking people out where as lennox valuev, wlad and co would not be able to. Hes just that potent.
              Last edited by AlexKid; 02-03-2015, 08:55 AM.

Comment

Originally posted by AlexKid View Post
                hes not only a giant himself hes also p4p devastating at his gargantuan size thats like uber rare, he has that ability to take out those much bigger than himself yet he is big also, most big men can only take out those smaller or about the same size, if there was a competitive weight division or 2 above George/HW he would still be knocking people out where as lennox valuev, wlad and co would not be able to. Hes just that potent.
                foreman was incredibly strong in the arms. he had an 11 inch wrist and 17 inch forearms. so heavy handed. he could probably knock the normal guy on the street out with a little open hand slap to the head

Comment

Originally posted by beez721 View Post
                  foreman was incredibly strong in the arms. he had an 11 inch wrist and 17 inch forearms. so heavy handed. he could probably knock the normal guy on the street out with a little open hand slap to the head
                  You gotta be off on the 11 inch wrists, but I agree he was a massive guy. I just can't believe he was only around 225lbs in his prime, he looked much heavier than that, and it's not like he had skinny legs either.

Comment

Absolutely.

Comment

Working...
                    X