Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

how did Adam Booth get started in his career?

Collapse
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• how did Adam Booth get started in his career?

i understand hes a boxing trainer with little or no boxing/fighting experience at all?

im just curious how he got started? was it a lucky break for him to meet david haye?

the reason i ask is because im an extremely passionate boxing fan and always wanted a career in the boxing field, but i just cant box from injuries. i would love to be a trainer though and i am inspired by men like adam booth.

i would love to 1 day open my own gym/training facility and get started training fighters and the likes.

can anyone tell me how adam booth got started and what background he comes from? thanks

Originally posted by gratz_the_king View Post
    i understand hes a boxing trainer with little or no boxing/fighting experience at all?

im just curious how he got started? was it a lucky break for him to meet david haye?

the reason i ask is because im an extremely passionate boxing fan and always wanted a career in the boxing field, but i just cant box from injuries. i would love to be a trainer though and i am inspired by men like adam booth.

i would love to 1 day open my own gym/training facility and get started training fighters and the likes.

can anyone tell me how adam booth got started and what background he comes from? thanks
    I'm fairly sure Adam Booth boxed as an amateur for one of the big London clubs (possibly Fitzroy Lodge???).

Regardless, if you want to get into coaching, get down to a local club and have a word with the Head Coach. I'm sure most clubs would welcome you to their team. Next step would be the ABA assistant coaches course which the club would usually pay for - this would give you a very basic intro to coaching and would allow you to corner a boxer in an amateur bout.

Many top amateur coaches (and some professional coaches) have zero boxing experience themselves, so don't let lack of experience put you off. If you join a good club with experienced coaches you will learn on the job over time. Also, as you are passionate boxing fan, I'm sure you have watched plenty of boxing - obviously, you can gain a lot from this and you probably know more than you think.

Where are you from? I'm an amateur coach in the UK and have literally hundreds of contacts around the country so I may be able to put you in touch with someone. If not I could certainly tell you what the top clubs are in your area.

Good luck.

Comment

Working...
    X