Collapse
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Devon Alexander want Floyd or Alvarez next

TEAM ALEXANDER: "FLOYD OR CANELO AFTER THE DESTRUCTION OF BAILEY"
    By Ben Thompson | August 10, 2012

"Team Aelxander is targeting Floyd or Canelo after the destruction of Bailey," stated world-class trainer Kevin Cunningham, who is currently in the final weeks of training camp with top welterweight contender Devon Alexander as they prepare for the upcoming September 8th title challenge against current IBF welterweight champion Randall Baiely. Although Cunningham insists that they're not looking past the hard-hitting Bailey, he also realizes that the ultimate goal is an opportunity with the big names in and around the welterweight division.

Alexander, a former unifed jr. welterweight champion, will become a two-division world champion with a victory over Bailey, but he's eyeing much bigger achievements after that. "Unify with Money or move up and challenge Canelo. It's time to stop playing," Cunningham added. With roughly four weeks left to go before the bout, both camps are still wondering where the bout will take place, as a venue has yet to be determined after it was forced to move from the FedEx Form in Memphis, Tennessee. Nonetheless, the bout is still moving forward on the original September 8 date.

http://fighthype.com/news/article13006.html

Devon would be a good test for Alvarez and i would`nt mind seeing Devon against Floyd in December as a stay busy fight for Floyd if Devon beats bailey and looks spectacular against bailey.

Comment

Just come out with an article that says.

Everyone wants Floyd/Pac/Cotto/Alvarez next.

Comment

I mean Devon could fight Alvarez. He would get his ass kicked probably, but not schooled.

Floyd though? Come on, man. Jr would make Devon look beyond ridiculous.

Comment

Originally posted by THE REED™ View Post
          Just come out with an article that says.

Everyone wants Floyd/Pac/Cotto/Alvarez next.
          It's a joke at this point. Every fighter from 140-154 is aiming to fight the same people.

Just another reason for Canelo to continue to NOT fight guys in his own division.

Comment

I will indeed file that in the "No shit Sherlock" file~

Comment

Floyd would annihilate Alexander. Not a bout worth setting up -- even if he blows away Bailey.

Comment

Alexander should aim to fight Malignaggi after, cuz Guerrero already got his sights set on Floyd.

Comment

Welterweights are lining up out the door for Alvarez. Might as well give him his own In Between Welterweight and Super Welterweight world championship. He seems to prefer fighting fighting welterweights anyway.

Comment

who doesnt i guess?!!

but i have zero interest in alexander vs mayweather.

a better fight for him would be kell brook or guerrero id say.

Comment

Working...
                    X