No announcement yet.

Comments Thread For: Canelo Gives His Thoughts on Schaefer's Departure

Collapse
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by rotorglow View Post
    What I mean is that Golden Boy and especially Oscar did not want Canelo fighting these guys. They wanted to continue to pick his fights and continue to build on his name before putting him against tougher fighters. It was Canelo who requested and demanded to fight Trout against Golden Boy, Oscar even Richard S. please to fight someone easier and less riskier. He also could have ducked Lara for now but instead chose Lara now. All I'm saying is he is fighting the guys people want to see him fight, he has not ducked anyone so far and that is why he has become one of the most popular guys at Golden Boy and has also gained a lot of respect from fans.
    You're absolutely spot on mate. I myself was not big on Canelo before he elected to fight Lara, because like most I thought he would duck the guy for a less risky opponent. He could've even waited for the winner of Cotto/Martinez, but he stuck by his decision to stay active and fight the best competition available. Win, lose or draw I am now a fan Canelo Alvarez because he's proven to me that without a shadow of a doubt he is willing to fight ANYONE. Furthermore, IF he does happen to lose to Lara (which is very possible) he will STILL be a HUGE draw for years to come. Canelo is still young and improving everyday as a fighter and above everything else is still a Mexican fan favorite and a loss to Lara will not change that. Chavez Jr. vs Canelo someday will do MONSTER numbers if it happens and that fight might just be a Top Rank/GBP co-promotion.

Comment

I will be rooting for Canelo hopefully Oscar sells this ppv for 50 bucks like his last fight.

Comment

Originally posted by Pan-Africanist View Post
        What do you mean he didn't have to fight those guys? Who else was he supposed to fight?
        He could be doing the kid chocolate route

Comment

Originally posted by rotorglow View Post
          Win, lose, or draw against Lara, Canelo will be fine. The main reason he has gotten so much attention recently is because he has proven that he wants to fight the best. He didn't have to fight Lara but he is. He didn't even have to Fight trout but he did. Respect is earned and its really hard to take away just because you lost against a good fighter.
          Exactly. The kid has a pair of balls.

Comment

I feel like this is Bull****... That Richard leaving Golden Boy is more getting more coverage than Cotto-Martinez. Boxing Politics getting more attention.

Comment

yup so true. a mexican thats white. thats a gold mine yo.

Originally posted by jso416 View Post
              IMO Canelo was the only fighter GBP couldn't afford to lose and they didn't.
              why do you think FLOYD VS CANELO was so huge. nelo had white poeople and the esses buyin that PPV.

Comment

ive laughing so hard at your floyd SR quote. im crying yo

Originally posted by thiefery View Post
                He could be doing the kid chocolate route
                hahahahahahahaah

Comment

Guys, don't forget - it was Schaefer who did not want Canelo to fight Trout! Schaefer was the one who unnecessarily overprotected Canelo and told him he didn't want Canelo stepping up yet. Canelo went to him and demanded the fight. It isn't the first time that Canelo did this. Kudos to Canelo for willingness to fight anyone! For that, he has my ultimate respect. For the longest time prior to Trout, Canelo was frustrated with Schaefer because he couldn't get the big names. So it was never Canelo's fault for the guys he wanted to fight. He even wanted, as most of us know, Kirkland and Williams and we know what happened in those two cases.
                  Last edited by richardt; 06-05-2014, 11:27 PM.

Comment

Originally posted by moonshineman View Post
                    Canelo is worth 10 of the other fighters in GBP's stable.
                    Sure he is, until Lara beats his Azz. Then what?

Comment

Originally posted by Scott.Weiland View Post
                      This ^^^^^

I hope Schaefer contracts syphilis and his nose and dick fall off.

And Al falls under a car.
                      And I hope Scott dies in his sleep tonight

Comment

Working...
                      X