Collapse
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• When should i take whey protein?

This the protein i take:

http://www.phd-fitness.co.uk/store/p...EE-Shaker.html

Please can you suggest the best time to take my protein. Please read the ingredients and information from the link i gave. Thanks

I hear it's best to take it no later than 45 minutes after a workout.

That's the window of opportunity for when your body is in quick need of nutrients.

Comment

why dont YOU read the ingedients

Recommended Usage
      For optimum results use 2-4 servings of Pharma-Whey daily. Ideally. use 1 serving 60-90 minutes prior to intense exercise. followed by 1-2 servings immediately upon completion of intense exercise.

Comment

Originally posted by Bullrush View Post
        why dont YOU read the ingedients
        That is marketing bullcrap that makes you take 3-4 servings daily so that you finish the protein faster, hence purchasing more..

its better to take from others experience.

Comment

first thing in the morning,
          right after training.

Comment

nah its not really marketing bullcrap. of course 4 servings is more for guys that really just want to bulk up as fast as possible etc. but you gotta eat lots of proteins in order to gain muscle mass

but yeah i just usually take one right after working out

Comment

Originally posted by BrooklynBomber View Post
              right after training.
              This is correct. Withing 30 minutes of training. Many question the first thing in morning but this is just as important as right after working out. After your morning piss/routine, take 1-2 scoops of 100% whey. It has an anabolic affect on your muscles and metabolism after your bodies resting state. Then have a healthy breakfast after.

Comment

Originally posted by BrooklynBomber View Post
                right after training.
                Originally posted by krazyn8tive View Post
                This is correct. Withing 30 minutes of training. Many question the first thing in morning but this is just as important as right after working out. After your morning piss/routine, take 1-2 scoops of 100% whey. It has an anabolic affect on your muscles and metabolism after your bodies resting state. Then have a healthy breakfast after.
                Doesn't porridge oats with honey have the SAME anabolic response with the body. Basically its just putting food in the body? Maybe whey is faster with absorbing?

Comment

Originally posted by Met-Rx View Post
                  Doesn't porridge oats with honey have the SAME anabolic response with the body. Basically its just putting food in the body? Maybe whey is faster with absorbing?
                  oats is carbs, honey is carbs.'
                  Whey is proteine

Comment

Protein shakes have their place, but it's best to eat as much good, wholesome food as possible and limit those shakes to no more than twice a day. Tuna, sardines, pilchards etc are very rich foods that are high in protein and cheap. I've been stocking up on them recently.

Comment

Working...
                    X