Collapse
No announcement yet.

Why do so many people hate GGG??

Collapse
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Is this hating? The reason for this is because, Ward is right there, only 1 division up, yet he's calling out a smaller guy and not Ward. And yeah its mostly to piss off his obnoxious fans. Same as it was with Matthysse, people be disrespecting Champions with guys who havent proven anything besides fighting weak competition. I think Gary Russell Jr will be a terror to those guys around his division, but I dont act like Matthysse/GGG fans. Because I recognize they both are fighting the same level of comp. So most times its not the fighter per se, but just to piss off his fans. I personally think GGG will get handled like Bhop did Pavlik, by Ward (just an opinion based on Wards style, but that gets you hate). I believe alot of the hate stems from those fans that hate BOXERS and those that like BRAWLERS, that and nationality (which is cool, mexicans root for mexicans, brits root for brits, americans root for anyone not black. lol). Just lighten up this is not curing cancer, its just for fun and entertainment.

Comment

• the only reason GGG is getting hated on is because he was mentioned as a possible Floyd opponent and his online children dont like legitimate threats

Comment

• Why?

ask manny and floyd fanboy trash. they have ruined the sport.

Comment

• Originally posted by MRCHOKEaMF View Post
          I believe alot of the hate stems from those fans that hate BOXERS and those that like BRAWLERS, that and nationality (which is cool, mexicans root for mexicans, brits root for brits, americans root for anyone not black. lol).
          Outside of that last part about Black, that in a nutshell is what it is. People are divided on Boxer/Brawler. And nothing wrong with countrymen favorites but it becomes a mental disorder when someone only roots for guys that fit their color or nationality to the point of hating, insulting, and always picking against other fighters and arguing to death over a point when the point is, they are biased! I root the most for humble fighters and fighters that show respect as well as high level skills. I especially root for underdogs. Nothing pleases me more than seeing some unbeaten arrogant prick with a 16-0, 23-0, whatever record who is put in with a setup and the setup backfires. That will give anyone a woody. I also root for guys with a great back story or guys who were hyped and then lost because now they have paid their dues, gotten a lot of hate, and have the chance to rise again. But the line about "not black" doesn't fit. You meant "anyone who roots for" instead of "American's who root for".
          Last edited by richardt; 10-28-2013, 12:52 PM.

Comment

• Originally posted by WilkinsOlajuwon View Post
            Why?

ask manny and floyd fanboy trash. they have ruined the sport.
            It could be that ...Because after Manny fell asleep on the job, these other guys didnt have as many fans. Those that hate floyd jumped on the bandwagon of ANYONE they think can KO floyd, and those that dont like Manny's fans took out their hate on those guys. And its been that way since then.

Comment

• Originally posted by J The UnBiased View Post
              So there is absolutely no way a fanbase can be so annoying and ridiculous that they turn you off of a fighter, that's just unfathomable and everyone's secretly being a racist. Cool theory.

only if you're weak-minded.

something is wrong with you if you can't handle a useless internet banter. you're even weaker than those people you consider as annoying. you got annoyed you lose as simple as that.

Comment

• Originally posted by richardt View Post
                Outside of that last part about Black, that in a nutshell is what it is. People are divided on Boxer/Brawler. And nothing wrong with countrymen favorites but it becomes a mental disorder when someone only roots for guys that fit their color or nationality to the point of hating, insulting, and always picking against other fighters and arguing to death over a point when the point is, they are biased! I root the most for humble fighters and fighters that show respect as well as high level skills. I especially root for underdogs. Nothing pleases me more than seeing some unbeaten arrogant prick with a 16-0, 23-0, whatever record who is put in with a setup and the setup backfires. That will give anyone a woody. I also root for guys with a great back story or guys who were hyped and then lost because now they have paid their dues, gotten a lot of hate, and have the chance to rise again. But the line about "not black" doesn't fit. You meant "anyone who roots for" instead of "American's who root for".
                The black part was a joke, hence the lol. I agree with what you said.

Comment

• People who don't like certain fighters because of fans are idiots.

Comment

• Originally posted by Hustler *LS View Post
                    People who don't like certain fighters because of fans are idiots.
                    You've just described 99.9% of manny and floyd fans.

Comment

• Originally posted by MRCHOKEaMF View Post
                      Is this hating? The reason for this is because, Ward is right there, only 1 division up, yet he's calling out a smaller guy and not Ward. And yeah its mostly to piss off his obnoxious fans. Same as it was with Matthysse, people be disrespecting Champions with guys who havent proven anything besides fighting weak competition. I think Gary Russell Jr will be a terror to those guys around his division, but I dont act like Matthysse/GGG fans. Because I recognize they both are fighting the same level of comp. So most times its not the fighter per se, but just to piss off his fans. I personally think GGG will get handled like Bhop did Pavlik, by Ward (just an opinion based on Wards style, but that gets you hate). I believe alot of the hate stems from those fans that hate BOXERS and those that like BRAWLERS, that and nationality (which is cool, mexicans root for mexicans, brits root for brits, americans root for anyone not black. lol). Just lighten up this is not curing cancer, its just for fun and entertainment.

Comment

Working...
                      X