No announcement yet.

Flights to Vegas from UK?

Collapse
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Flights to Vegas from UK?

Me and my brother are thinking about going to Vegas for the next mayweather fight, but I don't wanna book it yet in case we don't actually get tickets to the fight. But my question is, will the flight and hotel packages go up in price when the fight is announced or not? Cause I don't know weather or not to book every thing now, and what day will the fight be on, I've looked and I think it's the third isn't it? Cheers.

Dont know about packages. But i went to the Hatton-Pac fight by myself. I bought the fight ticket first, and waited a couple of weeks at least before booking my flight and hotel just because im lazy.

When i booked my flight they asked if i wanted to also book a hotel, the MGM was full by then so i got the Luxor (big black pyramid) and stayed for 5 nights. The flight and hotel cost me £800 together.
    Great time. It was just starting to get really hot in May. Id love to go back.

Comment

Originally posted by The Noose View Post
      Dont know about packages. But i went to the Hatton-Pac fight by myself. I bought the fight ticket first, and waited a couple of weeks at least before booking my flight and hotel just because im lazy.

When i booked my flight they asked if i wanted to also book a hotel, the MGM was full by then so i got the Luxor (big black pyramid) and stayed for 5 nights. The flight and hotel cost me £800 together.
      Great time. It was just starting to get really hot in May. Id love to go back.
      Cheers for that mate! I think I'll get the fight tickets booked first then. But the package for 3 nights and flights for both of us is £1400 which isn't bad, I thought it would be that for just me alone to be honest,but it's cheaper than I thought. So I told my brother I'll pay for him to come so I don't have to go on my own, as long as he brings his own spending money that is ahaha! Thanks again.

Comment

Expect to pay another $20 per person when you get to the hotel. I think they class it as "service charge" which in reality is just another money grab.

Comment

Originally posted by Weebler I View Post
          Expect to pay another $20 per person when you get to the hotel. I think they class it as "service charge" which in reality is just another money grab.
          They tend to do the "tip" thing quite a lot in America, so I'm not surprised. But they won't be getting a penny extra off this tight bastard ahahaha.

Comment

Originally posted by JackTheLad View Post
            Cheers for that mate! I think I'll get the fight tickets booked first then. But the package for 3 nights and flights for both of us is £1400 which isn't bad, I thought it would be that for just me alone to be honest,but it's cheaper than I thought. So I told my brother I'll pay for him to come so I don't have to go on my own, as long as he brings his own spending money that is ahaha! Thanks again.
            Are you buying him a ticket to the fight also? Lucky fakka!
            I think the hotels in Vegas a so cheap because the tourism is so good. I spent loads on room service food.

It was strange that the fight happens in the early evening, then you have the night to do what you want. Usually in the uk, im used to having to stay up till 3am to watch a fight.

Im hoping to go to New York for the Cotto fight. Have to tick Madison Sq Garden off my list of things to do before i die. `

Comment

I'd book it now mate.

It will likely be cheaper and the tickets won't sell out. Will be easy to get them on TicketMaster the day they go on sale.

I did the exact same process this time last year for the Mayweather-Guererro fight.

Mayweather's fighting in May 100% and the tickets will definitely sell quickly there's no way they'll sell out in the space of hours like the Canelo one did.

Comment

Originally posted by The Noose View Post
                Are you buying him a ticket to the fight also? Lucky fakka!
                I think the hotels in Vegas a so cheap because the tourism is so good. I spent loads on room service food.

It was strange that the fight happens in the early evening, then you have the night to do what you want. Usually in the uk, im used to having to stay up till 3am to watch a fight.

Im hoping to go to New York for the Cotto fight. Have to tick Madison Sq Garden off my list of things to do before i die. `
                Originally posted by IronDanHamza View Post
                I'd book it now mate.

It will likely be cheaper and the tickets won't sell out. Will be easy to get them on TicketMaster the day they go on sale.

I did the exact same process this time last year for the Mayweather-Guererro fight.

Mayweather's fighting in May 100% and the tickets will definitely sell quickly there's no way they'll sell out in the space of hours like the Canelo one did.
                My dad's now coming aswell so we're going to both chip in and pay the lot for him. And yeah I want to go to New York as we'll for the experience so I'll probably go to MSG at the end of the year if there's a descent fight on. And I don't know about booking yet mate as we don't know what day the fights on so I don't wanna book flights and hotel and the fight be on a different week, so I'll just wait for the announcement and get on with it all, really looking forward to it though, cheers for the advice lads.

Comment

Just book your hotel.

If you book the hotel directly via their website you may only need to pay a deposit. This was the case a couple of years back anyway.

Comment

Originally posted by JackTheLad View Post
                    My dad's now coming aswell so we're going to both chip in and pay the lot for him. And yeah I want to go to New York as we'll for the experience so I'll probably go to MSG at the end of the year if there's a descent fight on. And I don't know about booking yet mate as we don't know what day the fights on so I don't wanna book flights and hotel and the fight be on a different week, so I'll just wait for the announcement and get on with it all, really looking forward to it though, cheers for the advice lads.
                    The fights on May 3rd that's a 100% Guarantee.

Just like last year the fight was on May 4th 100% gurantee. I booked mine well before the Mayweather-Guererro fight was announced because I knew for certain it would be that date. It's the same case with May 3rd.

No harm in waiting other than perhaps the prices going up. The prices tend to go up when a big fight is announced for that weekend of your stay.

If I was in your position I'd book the flights and hotel now, from the 28th April until the 4th of May or whatever it is because like I said the fight is happening on May 3rd that's 100%.

Then all you have to worry about is the tickets when they go in sale that will be very easy.

I booked mine on Ticketmaster and picked them up from the MGM on the day I arrived. I stayed at the MGM aswell which made it much easier.

Also, if the money isn't an issue I'd advise to stay at the MGM because there's fighters walking around all the time.

I met Adrien Broner, Tommy Hearns, Roger Mayweather, Bernard Hopkins, Floyd Sr, Abner Mares, Ponce De Leon, Gab Rosado, Leo Santa Cruz, Richard Schafer, Austin Trout, Danny Garcia, Ricardo Lopez, Leonard Ellerbe, and even Cotto's mate with the flabby neck All literally just walking around the MGM like causally bumping into them around the hotel.

Any hotel you stay in on the strip will be awesome though but as a fight fan I'd always recommend MGM for a fight week.
                    Last edited by IronDanHamza; 01-17-2014, 03:35 PM.

Comment

Working...
                    X