Comments Thread For: Jimmy Lennon Jr. Finally Gets His Day in The Sun

Collapse
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Well deserved.

Comment

Jimmy Lennon Jr. is the man! He definitely deserves to be in the IBHOF.

Comment

Lennon has always been good and has dedicated himself to the sport. He'll always be second to Michael Buffer. Both deserv their HOF credentials. As far as people bringing up Bruce Buffer...lmao please he's a cheap imitation.

Comment

Jimmy Lennon Jr > buffer

Comment

As far as the best current ring announcers go,my favourite is Lupe Contreras.He has such a natural flow in his speaking and does a great job in building the introductions up without getting too excited.

He also has the very best catchphrase of all the ring announcers."Quien es el mas macho" would sound corny as hell in English,but it sounds great in Spanish.

Comment

Originally posted by prinzemanspopa View Post
              As far as the best current ring announcers go,my favourite is Lupe Contreras.He has such a natural flow in his speaking and does a great job in building the introductions up without getting too excited.

He also has the very best catchphrase of all the ring announcers."Quien es el mas macho" would sound corny as hell in English,but it sounds great in Spanish.
              And he's smooth as hell. A few years back I was at a Solo Boxeo afterparty type of deal trying to work up the courage to go talk to this chick, and when I finally was walking over to her out of nowhere Lupe beats me to her taps her on the shoulder and just starts spitting game making her laugh n $ht. I knew my opportunity had passed right then. GOD DAMN!!!

Comment

As much as I enjoy Jimmy Lennon Jr., I dislike Michael Buffer. I think Buffer has been exaggerated by his own network as well as his own longevity. And while I've never heard Jimmy mess up in announcing, Buffer has been known to flub his own words. Besides, I can't support someone who copyrights parts of the English language.

Comment

Originally posted by Ray Corso View Post
                  Can't stand Buffer he sounds like a barker at a circus and he cheapens the event. Lennons were both excellant and serious and get to the particulars very nicely. I remember Johnny Addi sp) and thought he was great!

Corner/City & State(country)/trunk colors/ weight/record/ (titles if any) Name (then last name again) To the point, no yelling, all serious business. Cause it is! Ray.
                  Boy are you dead right... I remember Johnny Addie very well, never tried to grab the spotlight other than presenting the fights in a businesslike manner, then would efface himself. I used to see him on the Friday Night Fights, and I was always well informed when he'd finished. With the Duffer, your head is filled by his same-tone, artificial, monotone bellow, and his "presentation" -as if he is the most important part of the night's show. I always turn him off before his "rumble-dumble" crap.

To me, Jimmy Lennon, is the epitome of a top announcer, strong voice, changing pitch as it rises towards the end of his announcements, to the finale. Exactly right.

My favourite commentato has always been Col. Bob Sheridan, with his immense knowledge of everything to be known about the fighter on display, which often would be otherwise unknown to the viewer.

Do you remember Sheridan at the Tyson-Holyfield fight where Tyson bit off part of Holyfield's ear..... For the benefit of other posters, here's what happened with Sheridan. The night before the fight he had a serious heart attack. He insisted on doing the fight, so there he was in his shirt sleeves, with his doctor sitting in the seat behind, checking his blood pressure the whole fight. Then they took him back to the hospital...... I was wondering what was going on for a while. What a guy......
                  Last edited by edgarg; 01-13-2013, 05:57 PM.

Comment

"LET'S GET READY TO RUMBLE" Best catchphrase in all of sports. Buffer is the best

Comment

Originally posted by WESS View Post
                      Classy Jimmy! He deserves it!

I also like both the Buffer's and that one white dude with dreds!
                      I love jimmy Lennon jr. I've also considered him the very best. I love how perfect he speaks Spanish. My father and other relatives always appreciate his pronunciation. I also love his slick style. Guy got some serious swag. And you can't lose with a name like classy. Btw that dude with the dreads is Dave diamanté. He's also the announcer at the nets game. IIIIIT'S SHOWTIME!!!

Comment

Working...
                      X