No announcement yet.

rematch that most needed to happen

Collapse
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by FlatLine View Post
    Lewis was in the worst shape of his career, literally the heaviest he ever weighed, but he still stopped Vitali in 6 rounds.

A rematch with a properly prepared Lewis would have just ended quicker for Vitali, there was no point, it could have ended Vitali's career early he was never going to beat Lewis.
    That's BS. Even if he was not in his best shaped doesn't mean a in shape lewis would have automatically crushed Vitali. Their fight was stopped on cuts, Vitali was never dropped or wobbled and Vitali gave as good as he got but his eye couldn't hold up.

In a rematch Lewis prolly IMO would have pulled it out. But an extremely motivated and even more aware of lewis, Vitali could have pulled it off.

Comment

Tyson vs Douglas, this fight deserved a rematch. Buster kicked Mike's ass but the rematch would have been different.
      De La Hoya vs Trinidad I thought Oscar won clearly, but he ran late and the judges screwed him. Can't believe this rematch never happened, it would have been good.
      Vitali vs Lennox Lennox looked bad by retiring rather than rematch, good fight until the stoppage.
      Floyd vs Manny the fight was so exciting I can't wait till next time, I hope the PPV is $200 this time.

Comment

Originally posted by boxinghead530 View Post
        Yea true but in all honesty both were past it. And Hagler had totally soured on boxing after their fight so IMO a rematch wouldn't have brought out the best Hagler. Their fight still pisses me off. Leonard was a master at head games and he got Hagler at his soft point in his career. The fight prior Hagler was in a war with John mugabi and Leonard saw something in Hagler where he said to himself he is finally ready to face him. Leonard never got the real Hagler IMO.
        You got a point there. Leonard was a master at cherry picking them. But I still think Hagler won that fight. He even admitted it about cherry picking the Duran rematch.

Comment

lennox vs vitali.

lewis always talks how to beat vitali you need to cut him. doesnt seem like a great tactic and one to depend on.. rematch would be great.

cuts happen, but you cant rely on them to beat someone imo..

Comment

Originally posted by L33tboxingdewd View Post
            I think without a doubt lewis vs Vitali...

We still don't know who actually is the better man head to head because of thst disappointing anticlimactic ending to what was some of the best 6 rounds in hw fistory
            That's a good one. I'll go with that one. I always thought Lewis was fading fast and Vitali would have won if he had not been cut. I thought he would have won a rematch but many disagree. A rematch might have settled it.

Comment

Tito vs ODLH

"Fight of the millenium" with alot of controversy.

Comment

A Hagler vs Leonard rematch should have happen but Leonard wouldn't do it and I thought that was chicken **** of Leonard. I thought Hagler won the fight and fans were split 50 50 on who won the fight. Hagler was murder in rematches. He had several rematches and always knocked the guy out in rematches. Lewis vs Vitali or Hagler vs Leonard are rematches I really wish had happened. Trinidad vs Oscar at 154 is another one. Trinidad wanted it but Oscar didn't. Trinidad was better than Oscar at 154 in my opinion. Trinidad was weight drained in their welterweight fight. He stayed at welterweight a long time hoping to get that fight. By the time he got the fight he had outgrown welterweight for well over a year.

Comment

Some great responses thus far...

Dlh vs tito is a good one... I thi k DLH vs Mosley 3 was a fight that should have happened ad most believe mosley nicked the first and DLH tool the rematch. I personally thought DLH won both fights...

Hagler vs Leonard - no real boxing fan would not have loved and welcomed a rematch. Although personally I think Leonard proved he was the better boxer (although perhaps not the better man).

Comment

Originally posted by L33tboxingdewd View Post
                    Wot is the one rematch in fistory that most should have happened?

The one fight that had an ending so unsavory and left the biggest doubt still ad to whom was the better man?
                    Leonard-Hagler II

/end thread

Comment

Hopkins/Jones Jr. II should have happened way sooner than it did.

Comment

Working...
                      X