Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Boxing is becoming whoever outruns the other wins...

Collapse
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by DeadLikeMe View Post
    Dat speed and angles!!!
    Southpaw angles!!! Get it right.

Comment

Originally posted by hectari View Post
      Boxing needs to penalize people who don't engage, and overtly clinching, clinching when hurt is okay but when you clinch anytime someone gets close just to avoid taking shots should be an enforced penalty, the only way to make boxing exciting is to be tougher on fighters who break these rules.
      Yeah I definitely agree with the clinching/holding part. Sure there will always be natural occurrences of holding, and I have no problem with guys holding when they're hurt and trying to recover, but when guys use holding as a loophole for defense -- that **** has to go.

One of the examples I always go to when it comes to a guy blatantly going to a hold as a loophole for defense is Khan in his fight with Collazo. Khan knew the only shot Collazo had was to get inside where he could hurt Khan, so Amir would jump on him and tie him up literally every time Collazo got within a 100 yards of him. And then Khan would reset and keep the fight at long range...until Collazo would get close, which was of course repeatedly met with an immediate tie up initiated by Khan. Over and over and f**king over.

Guys should be heavily penalized for abusing the hold or the clinch, but instead they have to be warned about 67 times before a point deduction is even considered.
      Last edited by Mike D; 05-24-2015, 02:51 AM.

Comment

Originally posted by Kagami Taiga View Post
        I swear boxing fans are biggest whiniest *****es in all of sports. U wonder why no1 respects this sport? Because the fans don't even respect it. Why should they care about it? Seriously I wish all u dudes would just go over to mma or make your own sport. Either way, u bring nothing to the discussion but ******ation.
        Yeah boxing has the worse fans in boxing, they have zero appreciation for the sport of the different styles that the sport creates. You can never please boxing fans, the sad part is they move on to the next boxer once one is done. Look at the numbers of boxers that are permanently damaged today, do you see anyone of this "fans" helping them? No they just move on to the next boxer.

Comment

Originally posted by DoubleLeftH00k View Post
          the trend is getting there
          I really hope you didn't make this thread because of the Dirrell vs DeGale fight, please tell this isn't so.

Comment

I've no problem with the defensive style ... make them miss and MAKE THEM PAY that's what it's all about but the Lara style of make them miss then RUN AWAY is crap and should rightly be penalised by the judges ... it leads to canelo v lara esque stinkers. (I'm glad canelo won that fight simply cause he was the only one actually coming to make a fight)

Comment

Originally posted by DoubleLeftH00k View Post
              the trend is getting there

Quote: There are claims that Willie Pep won the third round in his fight against Jackie Graves in a fight on July 25, 1946, without throwing a punch.

Comment

Originally posted by _original_ View Post
                Let them all get brain damage for the sake of our entertainment and fight like drunk cavemen!

Ali, Pep, and Sweet Pea all sucked!

Lets just tie cinder blocks to their boots and place them in the middle of the ring and watch them beat each other ******ed.
                strawman argument, he never said everyone should bar-room brawl

you can still be defensively responsible while standing in the pocket

dont get pissed when 99% of boxing fans dont wanna be entertained by "slickness", they're called "fighters" for a reason, the name of the game is to hit the other dude

fyi, this is why Rigo is black-balled and fighting in japan lololol

Comment

Originally posted by Mike D View Post
                  Yeah I definitely agree with the clinching/holding part. Sure there will always be natural occurrences of holding, and I have no problem with guys holding when they're hurt and trying to recover, but when guys use holding as a loophole for defense -- that **** has to go.

One of the examples I always go to when it comes to a guy blatantly going to a hold as a loophole for defense is Khan in his fight with Collazo. Khan knew the only shot Collazo had was to get inside where he could hurt Khan, so Amir would jump on him and tie him up literally every time Collazo got within a 100 yards of him. And then Khan would reset and keep the fight at long range...until Collazo would get close, which was of course repeatedly met with an immediate tie up initiated by Khan. Over and over and f**king over.

Guys should be heavily penalized for abusing the hold or the clinch, but instead they have to be warned about 67 times before a point deduction is even considered.
                  Or Wlad vs Povektin , that was even worse.

The TS is pure idiocy , guys cannot be forbidden to move, an offesive fighter must be able to cut the ring off. With that said, excessive holding ,like in the aforementioned examples, should definitely be penalized.

Comment

Originally posted by FlatLine View Post
                    Quote: There are claims that Willie Pep won the third round in his fight against Jackie Graves in a fight on July 25, 1946, without throwing a punch.
                    That never actually happened.

I don't think this trend is real. There are still plenty of aggressive fighters, both good and bad.

The only thing I object to is people casting out-fighting as the pinnacle of the sport. Just like some boxers don't have the power or the chin to be aggressive fighters, some don't have the athleticism and natural handspeed needed to be out-fighters.

Just because you're an out-fighter, it doesn't mean you're technically superior to guys who fight in the pocket. Amir Khan is a case in point.

Comment

Originally posted by PACnPBFsuck View Post
                      I really hope you didn't make this thread because of the Dirrell vs DeGale fight, please tell this isn't so.
                      Innit. Degale really didnt move that much.

To the OP if you are landing the better punches then you will win the fight. If you do that by being aggressive then great, if you do it from the outside then great.

Comment

Working...
                      X