Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Damn, Chino Maidana vs Floyd was an underrated fight!

Collapse
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by SunSpace View Post
    It was an awesome fight; Floyd may have won, officially, but every time I think of that fight, the only thing that comes to mind is "Mayweather got beaten up."
    Yeah man that was one of those fights and where you can definitely say you wouldve rather have been Maidana after that fight. I know Floyd had to be aching after that fight. Floyd did crack Chino good too but I think Chino had taken worse than that before, Ortiz and Khan hit Maidana with some crazy stuff. Dudes a freak.

Comment

Originally posted by Boxfan83 View Post
      Personally I think the ref was the main difference in both fights...
      Without question.

Yes, Mayweather was better in the rematch. Doesn't mean Maidana was not allowed to fight his fight. Bayless jumped in immediately every time and Mayweather made no effort to fight inside for most of it. I don't recall him ever spoiling like he did in the Maidana rematch. It was so bad it gave the Pac fans an excuse to pretend the same thing happened when he fought Mayweather.
      Last edited by bojangles1987; 08-04-2016, 05:08 PM.

Comment

Originally posted by Boxfan83 View Post
        Clanked everywhere I agree but I highly doubt meaninglessly lol the looks on their face were priceless. Besides, I think it was just fun to watch really, Im not saying it was a masterpeice by either man, just a crazy pace and underrated meaning just that.
        crazy pace? Frampton v Quigg was a crazy pace, Morales v Barrera was a crazy pace, Khan v Maidana was a crazy pace. That was hardly a crazy pace.

Comment

Originally posted by bojangles1987 View Post
          Without question.

Yes, Mayweather was better in the rematch. Doesn't mean Maidana was not allowed to fight his fight. Bayless jumped in immediately every time and Mayweather made no effort to fight inside for most of it. I don't recall him ever spoiling like he did in the Maidana rematch. It was so bad it gave the Pac fans an excuse to pretend the same thing happened when he fought Mayweather.
          Yeah man. I think Bayless is a decent ref but I think after Mayweather expressed his discontent with Weeks, Bayless felt he needed to appease to Floyd or lose his status of being a top level 3rd man. Hell Bayless even got some T.V. time leading up to the fight.

Comment

It was actually a good clash of styles and Maidana's style actually showed that Floyd is almost 40 years old i think.

Didn't Chino say recently that Floyd has the best chin of anybody he fought?

Floyd definitely did win it in the end, he did enough, but he had a very rough night.
            Last edited by deathofaclown; 08-04-2016, 05:26 PM.

Comment

Loved that fight, Still got it on my DVR , All around good card too

Maidana was 100% IDGAF mode doing whatever he could to get the W even crossing the line of being dirty. Floyd stuck to his promise that he was going to stay there make it a fight ( Probably to one up and mind f.uck Broner )

Maidana made Floyd earn that W

Great showing by 2 Champs

Comment

Hell of a fight. Personally i always seen it as a draw. Wasn't mad that Floyd won though since rds were close and he adjusted but man was it close.

The way i always seen it was Floyd won the fight but I'm sure Chino felt better than him after. Maidana was a wild man who didn't show Floyd any respect. Beat him up bit really. Money May is a hell of fighter who showed toughness that day. Not many fighters could handle Maidana on that night. Wish he were still in the mix but don't blame him for making his money and settling down

Comment

Originally posted by atom-ictortilla View Post
                  Hell of a fight. Personally i always seen it as a draw. Wasn't mad that Floyd won though since rds were close and he adjusted but man was it close.

The way i always seen it was Floyd won the fight but I'm sure Chino felt better than him after. Maidana was a wild man who didn't show Floyd any respect. Beat him up bit really. Money May is a hell of fighter who showed toughness that day. Not many fighters could handle Maidana on that night. Wish he were still in the mix but don't blame him for making his money and settling down
                  Yeah man I dont know of any WW today that could take that punishment and adjust. But I am glad Chino is fat and happy, not to many guys retire on their own note nowadays. I probably likes like a king in Argentina getting pedicures and stuff lol

Comment

Biggest travesty is that fat ass Maidana denied us a potentially amazing Pacquiao vs Maidana fight.

Comment

Working...
                    X