Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Why come bodyshots made the difference for ward, but when Maidana beat floyds body,

Collapse
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

all this crap about 'ward hurt kovalev to the body' reminds me of that crap about brook apparantly wobbling GGG. Just people making **** up completely, is that how it works on this forum, just make things up completely to fit an agenda?

Comment

Originally posted by Gonzalez_Boxing View Post
      Kovalev total punches rounds 1-6=216
      Kovalev total punches rounds 7-12=258

try again.
      1. I've never cared for punch stats
      2. Kovalev's hand/ foot speed and power greatly diminished, anyone can see that

Comment

Originally posted by Doctor_Tenma View Post
        1. I've never cared for punch stats
        2. Kovalev's hand/ foot speed and power greatly diminished, anyone can see that
        And anyone could assume it from Ward's crushing(yeah right) bodywork. Guess it had nothing to do with a power puncher being the busier fighter.

Comment

Originally posted by Face Of Boxing View Post
          everyone overlooked it?

Seems to be the only thing that ward sympathizers have to lean on, "he did more body work", as if somehow, he gets extra credit for tapping Kovalevs sides.

But when Maidana was battering Floyds body in the first fight,

*crickets*
          ?

Ward didn't outbox Kovalev. Didn't outslug him. Didn't control the pace. Had no effective aggression, very little defense.

So how did he win so many rounds?

Oh yea,

bodywork.
          The body shots actually slowed down Kovalev and had him thinking.

Comment

The crying here is hilarious. It reminds me the Hillary Clinton fans

Comment

Because not all fights are the same.

However both Mayweathr-Maidana and Ward-Kovalev were either way fughts anyway IMO.

Comment

Originally posted by champion4ever View Post
                It's very simple. Maidana never hurt Floyd to the body. Let alone landed anything of significance flush on him. As Mayweather would block and parry most of those punches with his shoulders, elbows and biceps.

On the other hand, Ward did hurt Kovalev to the body flush. Sergey would often wince from pain because of them. He once even backed the Krusher up and doubled him over from the body shots he landed.
                This is right .

It amazes me how much these people dont understand with boxing , but now seeing that also opens my eyes to the whole fanboy thing .

A fight to the average male is a 30 second hail mary flurry this natural process as males grow influences their attraction for aggression and macho , you got to understand the science of professional boxing as a sport with rules , like all rules try and bend them as much as you can without stepping over the line .

Ward is one of those rare kinda fighters that looks to the average spectator like he is doing not much in a fight , but actually he is doing a lot in a professional boxing match , he is such an efficient round by round technician nothing real fancy just edge out the rounds seconds by seconds minute by minute stay tight chip away , no big power or lighting speed , he brings a very compact efficient game .

As fans you ever wonder why so many of the worlds best fighters and trainers state how good Ward is , its because they can see what it is he does , same deal with Floyd the guys that truly understand boxing can see the greatness in them , but the average fan thinks they cowards and runners that dont do anything .

There is a strong case for both guys winning the fight , they gave it to Ward I wouldnt have cared if Kov got it as it was a close scoring fight and could have gone either way , Kov won the first half and Ward the second half , edge one over the other in a couple of real close rounds and it could go either way .

Im up for the rematch .

Comment

It doesnt matter if he hurt Floyd or not he was throwing punches on him so should score ,Ward didnt Hurt Kovalev visiable too, Kovalev was punching more in 2 half

One thing we learned is that Ward is nothing Special and he cant box outside ,

Floyd body is mystery how he wasnt slowing Down in weird af.even if All punches were on shoulders and hands he shouldv drop Them lower from pain ,on the other hand Maidana had Pillow gloves

Comment

Originally posted by bigdramashow View Post
                    i imagine it was the wrestling that tired kovalev outmore than wards tippy tappy punches. so ward cant crack an egg power wise when he hits to the chin, but apparantly his body shots are like sledgehammers? Do me a favour lol. Was hardly solid, consistent body work was it.
                    Hit the nail on the head, another poster said ward hurt kovalev with body shots, don't know what fight he was watching

Comment

Loool great point

Black lives matter movement jus got destroyed again

Kova landed almost twice as many punches in 2nd half of fight. Ward just got better. Ward didnt do much damage at all

Comment

Working...
                      X