No announcement yet.

Meteor injures atleast 400 people in Russia

Collapse
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by The_Bringer View Post
    Wait, so this meteorite isn't tied to the meteor that was reported last week or so to be coming within 14,000 miles of Earth?

I thought this was like a chunk or something that came off the reported meteor. Though I've not had a chance to read the reports yet, which is probably why I look like a **** now.
    It's just a wild coincidence. Things like this happen probably a hundred times a year but most of the time doesn't hit populations or they mostly burn out.

Comment

Originally posted by -Swizzy- View Post

what are the chances that it lands safely in a lake.

would have been a lot worse had it hit land even open land.

Some of the comment of that video's comment section:

there is no way that, that hole was made by that meteor. I call this bull****.
      I totally agree. That hole shown IS a fishing hole.

Here we go again!!

Comment

I love this speech... Bring it! you facking meteors!!!

Comment

Originally posted by Cupocity303 View Post

Some of the comment of that video's comment section:

Here we go again!!
          It's pretty cool how it left a perfect circle in the ice. LOL

Comment

Originally posted by jose830 View Post
            I love this speech... Bring it! you facking meteors!!!

I loved that film............ Leaving on a jet plane, don't know when i'll be back again.

Comment

Originally posted by kadyo View Post
              So it was a 40 ton meteor that landed in a frozen lake. The newsman was saying nobody died although thousands were injured.

i believe that most of the injuries came from the sonic boom. when objects travel that quickly through a medium like our atmosphere they break the sound barrier. it's my understanding that sound will essentially get crowded, and generate a wave of energy similar to an explosion.

if that crater is in fact from a piece of the meteor it would be a tiny fragment. maybe the size of a fist, or a soccer ball.

if the entire meteor remained intact and hit the ground it would leave an enormous hole, and generate a massive explosion.

Comment

The sayains have landed in Russia to challenge Fedor
                In all seriousness this is some scary **** there man.

Comment

Originally posted by ИATAS View Post
                  It's just a wild coincidence. Things like this happen probably a hundred times a year but most of the time doesn't hit populations or they mostly burn out.
                  Apparently an impact this size hits the earth on average once every year. We hardly ever hear about it because usually it hits water (the earth being of course over 70% water) but Asia is the largest land mass and Russia is the largest country so if it's hitting land then Russia is probably it. Followed by Canada. Boo!

Comment

new york is next.

Comment

I couldn't imagine if this hit a crowded city instead of a rural area.

Comment

Working...
                      X