No announcement yet.

Tyson was no more robbed against Douglas than Lewis was against McCall

Collapse
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Tyson was no more robbed against Douglas than Lewis was against McCall

So all you Tyson nuthuggers get over it. I'm sick and tired of hearing the same lame old excuses.

If Tyson really was as great as you think then he would of proved it. Tyson was an idiot and so was his team.

Lewis was never given the chance to comeback against McCall, he wasn't knocked out like everyone claims, he was stopped on his feet.

I don't ***** about it being a Lewis fan, and no one tried to reverse the result afterwards. Lewis proved it the hard way, came back and proved all his doubters wrong.

Tyson got beat plain and simple by the better man on the night, just as Lennox Lewis got beat by the better man on the night.

End Of.

Originally posted by -CANE- View Post
    So all you Tyson nuthuggers get over it. I'm sick and tired of hearing the same lame old excuses.

If Tyson really was as great as you think then he would of proved it. Tyson was an idiot and so was his team.

Lewis was never given the chance to comeback against McCall, he wasn't knocked out like everyone claims, he was stopped on his feet.

I don't ***** about it being a Lewis fan, and no one tried to reverse the result afterwards. Lewis proved it the hard way, came back and proved all his doubters wrong.

Tyson got beat plain and simple by the better man on the night, just as Lennox Lewis got beat by the better man on the night.

End Of.
    100% correct i agree with all you have said.. Tyson was beaten fair & square by Buster Douglas in Tokyo of which there are no excuses... Lewis was beaten fair & square by McCall at Wembley Arena of which there are no excuses... i was at the Lewis v McCall fight and McCall silenced 14,000 fans with one right-hand punch.. Lewis was completely out of it when he got to his feet at the count of six with many at ringside shouting "Stop it" as he fell into the referee`s arms on unsteady legs... even as Lewis left the ring 10 minutes later and still "Glassy-Eyed" he had to be helped down the ring-steps by his brother and handlers.. McCall was the first fighter who Lewis had ever fought who was although mediocre he was "At the Top of his Game"... Lewis avenged the defeat 3yrs later when McCall was far from "At the Top of his Game" he was brought out of a Drug-Rehab and without a single days training, he was mentally & physically unfit to be in a prizefight never mind fighting for a "Paper World Title" it was a disgrace to the sport...

Tyson was hammered by Douglas with Douglas then losing all interest in the game and meekly surrendering his title to Evander Holyfield.. Tyson was back in the ring 4 months later destoying the former Olympic champion Henry Tillman in less than a round and then massacred the World No3 contender Alex Stewart also in less than a round, Tyson quickly moved on to the World No1 contender Razor Ruddock hammering him in 8rds then ending Ruddock as a top flight fighter when brutally butchering him in their return fight, breaking Ruddocks Jaw, cheek-bone and eye-socket. Mike Tyson was then imprisoned for 4yrs which ended his boxing career.. Tyson did return to the ring years later winning 2 world championship belts but was only a "Shell" of the once great fighter he had been before his imprisonment.

Comment

People are saying Tyson was robbed against Douglas?

Comment

Originally posted by TBear View Post
        People are saying Tyson was robbed against Douglas?
        Yeah, the usual crybaby whinging from the Tyson KoolAid drinkers.

Poet

Comment

The Mcall fight was stopped prematurely in my opinion but the ref made a judgement call and it is what it is.

Lennox has recovered from being dazed throughout his career and returned in the next round to win the fight. Some boxers will "purposelly fall down" after a KD to buy an extra 6 seconds to recover, some boxers hold to recover, others cover up, there are many things Lennox couldve done to regain his senses but he was not given that opportunity.

Lennox avenged his loss A couple years later and made Mccall cry in the rematch. Poetic JUSTICE.

Comment

Originally posted by JoeyZagz View Post
            The Mcall fight was stopped prematurely in my opinion but the ref made a judgement call and it is what it is.

Lennox has recovered from being dazed throughout his career and returned in the next round to win the fight. Some boxers will "purposelly fall down" after a KD to buy an extra 6 seconds to recover, some boxers hold to recover, others cover up, there are many things Lennox couldve done to regain his senses but he was not given that opportunity.

Lennox avenged his loss A couple years later and made Mccall cry in the rematch. Poetic JUSTICE.
            ROFLMHO..... Howler

Comment

I think personally as a Lewis fan, had it gone on then the more likely outcome would have been the same result. But you never can tell, i mean had the ref stopped the fight in the Holmes - Shavers fight there would have been no complaints, and most people would say that Shavers would of gone on to win it anyway.

Comment

Originally posted by -CANE- View Post
                I think personally as a Lewis fan, had it gone on then the more likely outcome would have been the same result. But you never can tell, i mean had the ref stopped the fight in the Holmes - Shavers fight there would have been no complaints, and most people would say that Shavers would of gone on to win it anyway.
                Holmes vs Shavers was nothing like Lewis vs McCall.. Holmes was up almost immediately and was not falling around on unsteady legs like Lewis was.. these excuses for Lewis getting bombed-out by a mediocre journeyman are hilarious

Comment

Some boxers will "purposelly fall down" LOL

Comment

It doesn't matter if he was robbed or not- he was PAST HIS PRIME and therefore the loss doesn't even count.

Comment

Working...
                    X