sparring drills

Collapse
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• sparring drills

2 part question....
    what are some more specific sparring drills you can do with someone? currently have 3 we've been working in the gym which you all prob know...
    -body sparring
    -jab sparring
    -offense/defense
    anyone have anything else that would be beneficial?

Also on doing the offense/defense drill I can see the person on the defense could benefit from training with someone on any level. But how would I go on training the offensive side against someone less experienced? I wouldnt just want to use them as a punching bag but at the same time im trying to improve if anyone could give any ideas

Its calleed "pulling your punches" holding back power!! You guys really need trainers because you Can't Learn to Box on the net!! Sorry but its not done this way! You need "eyes on you" to correct your faults! Ray

Comment

Originally posted by Ray Corso View Post
      Its calleed "pulling your punches" holding back power!! You guys really need trainers because you Can't Learn to Box on the net!! Sorry but its not done this way! You need "eyes on you" to correct your faults! Ray
      I have a trainer but Im just looking to get more info off the forums especially if there's a training section but thanks

Comment

Originally posted by Ray Corso View Post
        Spot on.

Otherwise, you try not to 'pop' when you land on your sparring partner. Focus on good speed and form - love tapping them at the end of your punches, rather than exerting full force.

When training various things such as defense, offense, and body work - I honestly think it's better to actively try it in open sparring. Come into sparring with offense, defense, or body work in mind. Actively work on it while in there.

Comment

Originally posted by shs101 View Post
          2 part question....
          what are some more specific sparring drills you can do with someone? currently have 3 we've been working in the gym which you all prob know...
          -body sparring
          -jab sparring
          -offense/defense
          anyone have anything else that would be beneficial?

Also on doing the offense/defense drill I can see the person on the defense could benefit from training with someone on any level. But how would I go on training the offensive side against someone less experienced? I wouldnt just want to use them as a punching bag but at the same time im trying to improve if anyone could give any ideas
          I laughed pretty hard, but I laughed even more, when he said - he has trainer

you need a better trainer
          Last edited by Kyshenko Team; 04-23-2013, 06:27 PM.

Comment

You should work on your reflexes, always observe every single thing your opponent does, not everything is throwing punches and just standing in one place blocking them. You need to move around too.

Comment

Of course that goes into the defensive category but more efficient because remember like that you're not getting hit and when somebody misses a punch you lose more air

Comment

And for the offensive if you dont wanna hurt him dont throw hard just practice the way you throw them

Comment

Working...
                X