Collapse
No announcement yet.

Talked with my coach today

Collapse
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

lol thanks mohammedini for the support and comment.

and i actually asked the same question on a Japanese forum, and they said exactly the opposite of what you guys suggested; not to change gyms. not sure why though. they said that no matter how big or small or how many equipment there is or not, it won't change and is a waste of money. don't know why though.

if the "ignoring" thing is true, i want to experience how the new gym trains their fighters by doing a workout routine that the pro's do. do you think they would allow me if i ask them? im not being like a cocky bastard but i just want to try out what kind of workout the fighters there follow.

Comment

also they said that it is too late if they ignore me and even if i want to go back, i can't. my coach does watch me and give me advice on techniques in my time of need. its understandable that the coaches at my new gym wont be able to watch me as frequently cause the gym is big and they have pro's there.

im not sure which side is the correct option, not to change or to change. but after the trial tomorrow i think my answer would be ready.

oh, and do you think the coach there would be pretty annoyed if i become inquisitive? i have alot of questions but im afraid they'd get pissed off.

Comment

Originally posted by moneymayforever View Post
        also they said that it is too late if they ignore me and even if i want to go back, i can't. my coach does watch me and give me advice on techniques in my time of need. its understandable that the coaches at my new gym wont be able to watch me as frequently cause the gym is big and they have pro's there.

im not sure which side is the correct option, not to change or to change. but after the trial tomorrow i think my answer would be ready.

oh, and do you think the coach there would be pretty annoyed if i become inquisitive? i have alot of questions but im afraid they'd get pissed off.
        WTF?? you current coach is trying to threaten you to stay by giving you a ultimatum.
        "don't try any other gym or we will refuse to let you train here again".
        ****ing worthless coach that he has to scare people to stay with him.

Either way try the other gyms out and don't be afraid to ask the coaches and tell them your situation.
        Every time you try a new place, you should always have a talk with the coaches.
        If you current coach say you can't train with them anymore cuz you are trying new gyms then **** him.
        You barely can't get any worse of a coach then the one you got.

Threats, ultimatums, manipulation, blaming your "weak body" for his Lack of basic coaching skills, Seems to put your confidence down instead of raising it....= worthless coach.

BTW I am the one who should thank you.
        Your treads has inspired me to take up boxing again and get in shape.
        Your attitude and enthusiasm is really inspiring.

I know you can do well with boxing cuz you have the most important component for success, heart and work ethic.
        You just need a good coach which I think you can get when you go to the US soon.

Good luck with your gym try-out and put up videos if you can

Comment

Sounds like your coach thinks you're a delicate flower or some bs, get out of there. Go where you'll be pushed to develop properly. I'm sure he's a good guy but that doesn't mean he's a good coach for you. I know guys with 1 month's training who are on your level, don't waste anymore time. Smile, shake hands and part ways. Don't go back.

Comment

thanks everyone, im back from my workout from my new gym, and let me just tell you that gym is not only just HUGE, but the Ugandan coach there is super, super nice, his personality is fairly similar to my current coach. Although I am sure that he will turn into a demon if I join but I am aware of that, as a matter of fact I want him to be one. I did not do any mitt works today however he taught me defense in depth by sparring with me and corrected my stance. It was my second time going there and previously I remember the mitt work was so tiring that I couldn't even stand up for two rounds. Unfortunately I couldn't record any videos nor photos but once I join that gym I might be able to record myself. I made my choice; I'm gonna change.

Comment

that already sounds better than ur current gym. definitely change.

by the way, what college in the US have boxing scholarships?

Comment

yeahh, defenently. im moving on lol. im actually not sure but I heard that the University of Nevada, Reno has a boxing team as well as the Northern University of Michigan, that trains olympic boxers. personally i wanna go to ULV reno ('cause i love vegas) though. if there are any where else that offer scholarships for boxing, if anyone can tell me anywhere else than that would be helpful! thanks

Comment

yeahh, defenently. im moving on lol. im actually not sure but I heard that the University of Nevada, Reno has a boxing team as well as the Northern University of Michigan, that trains olympic boxers. personally i wanna go to ULV reno ('cause i love vegas) though. if there are any where else that offer scholarships for boxing, if anyone can tell me anywhere else than that would be helpful! thanks
                  I believe those funds were for American citizens.

I'm not sure if the program is going at Northern anymore.
                  Floyd is a product of that program......Rockin'

Comment

thanks everyone, im back from my workout from my new gym, and let me just tell you that gym is not only just HUGE, but the Ugandan coach there is super, super nice, his personality is fairly similar to my current coach. Although I am sure that he will turn into a demon if I join but I am aware of that, as a matter of fact I want him to be one. I did not do any mitt works today however he taught me defense in depth by sparring with me and corrected my stance. It was my second time going there and previously I remember the mitt work was so tiring that I couldn't even stand up for two rounds. Unfortunately I couldn't record any videos nor photos but once I join that gym I might be able to record myself. I made my choice; I'm gonna change.
                    That sounds awesome ! That the guy corrected you immediately and taught you defense, did hard mitt work ( I mean the video you showed us of your former coach mitt work was a joke. One jab per 5 sec. He babied you) just shows that gym will be a lot better for you.
                    I expect you to develop a looot faster.
                    Coaches that push you are the once who make you grow and expand your limits.
                    Good luck on your new gym bro!
                    A coach like the one you had is a cancer.
                    **** him!

Comment

thanks man! haha yeah the new gym was so ****ing hard lool.

damn, scholarships are only for american citizens? thats suckss.

Comment

Working...
                      X