No announcement yet.

Miguel Cotto Confirms 50 million for 3 Fights Deal with Roc Nation To ESPN

Collapse
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by AnimalisticMeth View Post
    They are thinking long term and I am sure they can get that money back in a Canelo and Golovkin fights.
    Look, I think this is great for Cotto, and I know your a big fan, but I think that's leading you to biasly defend Roc Nation, because they are now partnered. But there is no way this was a smart move by them. Maybe I'll be proven wrong.

Comment

He will get the same offer from GBP or better since Oscar knows Canelo needs that fight to break true. Outside of Cotto there is no one Canelo can face that can bring him the recogniton or the money Cotto can bring.

Golvkin should be a bigger name next year and the public should be demanding that fight even more if Cotto beats Canelo.
      The previous offer came back when Canelo and DLH were pushing hard for the fightd because they wanted to bump Mayweather off May 2nd...back when it was unclear who Mayweather was going to fight and when Cotto was presumably still in the running for it.

With Pacquiao and Mayweather fighting in May and then likely taking off the rest of the year, Canelo should be able to get the September date he wants with or without Cotto.

He's the 24 year old with the new HBO deal.

Cotto's 34 with an inexperienced promoter and no network deal.

I'd say the situation favors Canelo more now.

Comment

He will get the same offer from GBP or better since Oscar knows Canelo needs that fight to break true. Outside of Cotto there is no one Canelo can face that can bring him the recogniton or the money Cotto can bring.

Golvkin should be a bigger name next year and the public should be demanding that fight even more if Cotto beats Canelo.
        didnt canelo just showed his middle finger to cotto??
        he needs cotto so much that he is fighting kirkland and not cotto...
        canelo is only 24 and already making tons of money, he can make a big career on his own if he keeps taking the big challenges ...
        cotto made a big deal money wise, cant blame him, but we as fans are only getting one thing in return from boxers and that is fights, if cotto gets big fights from jayz then is great for everybody, if he gets overpaid sparring matches is only going to be good for him..
        now he has less options than he had before(no arum-haymon) , and that means less leverage cuz there is no more floyd to fool around, but on the other side pacs team just went on record 3 weeks ago about wanting to fight canelo at 152, that will be a mega fight and woulndt surprise me of arum makes it happen just to fuçç with cotto and of course to cash on pacs last fights...
        oh and here is a reminder from oscar to show you how much canelo needs cotto:
        "No, the deadline passed. [Cotto] will never see whatever he wanted. He will never see that number again. Canelo gave him everything they wanted. If we're going to make a future deal down the line, in the future this year or next year, I guarantee that its going to be on Canelo's terms."
        http://www.fighthype.com/news/article19060.html

Comment

Canelo can keep selling those 10$ tickets even lupe pinto the god called canelo the biggest joke in boxing

Comment

Originally posted by aldo5408 View Post
            Canelo can keep selling those 10$ tickets even lupe pinto the god called canelo the biggest joke in boxing
            I guess we can compare the live gate from Canelo-Kirkland to Cotto-Foreman and see who's the better baseball stadium ticket seller.

Comment

Originally posted by icha View Post
              canelo is only 24 and already making tons of money
              Yep.

Look at how much money Canelo has already done by the age of 24, and then compare it to where Cotto was at the same age.

Canelo should make "Time Is On My Side" his new entrance music.

Comment

Good for Cotto.. He paid his dues, reap in the rewards and try to get the most money he can, because ultimately the fans don't fight for him and will give two ****s about him once he retires. Half you ****s criticizing never stepped in the ring or endured what fighters have to go through. Stop hating

Comment

Originally posted by Mitchell Kane View Post
                  I guess we can compare the live gate from Canelo-Kirkland to Cotto-Foreman and see who's the better baseball stadium ticket seller.
                  Didn't it do like 3M? Live gate

Comment

If Roc can break even or get close they would be doing very good. It is not the end of the world though because they have to inspect a certain amount of cost coming in like they are.

For Cotto it is awesome.

Comment

Working...
                    X