Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Pacquiao-Clottey announced officially less than a week..

Collapse
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Eaner0919, As a fan, I don’t get myself involved to the business side of boxing. That’s what the fuuckin promoters are for. Im there for the entertainment, isn’t that what sports are for??? If im buying a car, im not gonna worry about how much commission the salesman is gonna make, im gonna go for the best value for me, the best deal I can get. Let the ****in salesman and the manager worry about how their gonna split their money.
    youre a fan, not the fighter or promoter so get the fuuck off their expertise and stop acting like them.

I don’t know how a fan can submerge himself to the business side of boxing…. Legacy don’t pay bill, right?
    Who gives a ****. Fight the best and give us boxing fans what we pay for.

Comment

Originally posted by Eaner0919 View Post
      of course not

however

we will go around saying "damn man my bill for ____'s birth came in a **** man you know how much a baby cost"?!!!

I mean most parents I know bring that up.

how about

"I hope the mortuary is affordable because I don't know how I am going to do this"

I dont think that is ever been a point I have stated. I have never and would never state that the business machinations are more important than the actual fights at hand.

actually thats debatable

but for the sake of argument

while you can live in your utopia that fights happen magically out of nowhere because well because its spontaneous and organic

we all know it to be false. Fights happen after careful matching, pricing and signing on that dotted line

have I not presented common sense or are you just trying to clown me? Because I think I have presented nothing but common sense

doesn't mean YOU have to agree with it BUT it is the truth

be respectful and I will do the same to you

no it doesn't. You act like guys like Ali or Marciano or Robinson didn't argue over their cut of the pie or do you believe that?

and what does that have to do with anything?

if anything the stuggle MOST boxers have proves my point that this sport is indeed a business and that while we love for fights to happen this isn't always the case

is it fair? no not always but I at least am willing to accept and understand the machinations behind all this we see on our TV or in person

and I doubt anyone else does so why bring that up?

show me where that was said?

stop being such a drama queen over this lol it makes you turn into another in the long line of whiners who clearly cannot understand

right or wrong

this sport is driven like a business

God what drama

and it continues

again prove to me us cats want the business side solely

look in the end does it suck? yes of course NO ONE is saying

"yeah I am glad this fight didnt happen!!!"

but in the end when we follow a sport that is driven like a business it does upon occasion fall into this trappings of any other business

and I for one do like to discuss this because it's pretty interesting to me

you of course do not have to discuss this at all since you have no interest in it

but yet you do....and continue to do so

Yes, I do, on varying occasions. Only this time, I was brought into it. As it was my post that you were responding to. I agree with you to a degree, however on many of your points. I just don't put "boxing is a business" as the higher power here as many, not saying you specifically, just generally speaking, do. Never, not once have I said fights magically happen, but throughout the history, most of the best fights, I'd be willing to guess, that needed to happen,

did. Period point blank, end of story. I've accepted and understand there is a business side to everything, however, when fighters start using that as an excuse to as why he can't fight this guy or that guy, well,

it appears we're on the brink of a new era. I'm not saying its the first time, or the last time, but it may become all too common in the future. Really, who in the hell is Juan Manuel Lopez to be saying some **** like that? Do these guys forget who gave them their first title shots? Do they forget when they were completely unknown outside of their own gyms?

and dude, don't come sideways at me about respect, when it was you who was chiding my post with, "English is a heck of a language". You afford it to me, I'll give it right back to you. I've been nothing but respectful to you in the entire time we've exchanged words here.

Btw, when parents or families mention the cost of the birth or death of someone,

its merely an afterthought, not the priority in the matter. I know boxing is a bit different in comparison, but the point is still there.

Comment

Originally posted by TortillaWarrior View Post
        Yes, I do, on varying occasions. Only this time, I was brought into it. As it was my post that you were responding to. I agree with you to a degree, however on many of your points. I just don't put "boxing is a business" as the higher power here as many, not saying you specifically, just generally speaking, do. Never, not once have I said fights magically happen, but throughout the history, most of the best fights, I'd be willing to guess, that needed to happen,

did. Period point blank, end of story. I've accepted and understand there is a business side to everything, however, when fighters start using that as an excuse to as why he can't fight this guy or that guy, well,

it appears we're on the brink of a new era.

disagree to an extent. When talking to people I know on the promotion side of things they do think boxers for far too long have inflated their value BUT also conceed that it has always been this way

I'm not saying its the first time, or the last time, but it may become all too common in the future. Really, who in the hell is Juan Manuel Lopez to be saying some **** like that? Do these guys forget who gave them their first title shots? Do they forget when they were completely unknown outside of their own gyms?
        no but there is some truth to what might be said in terms of fair market value.

I think JuanMa is wrong in the aspect of Caballero though. A two belt holding champion deserves a chance to prove himself against the elite

that is merely one case. Say for example Mayweather vs Shane

now while I do want this fight to be made and do think the shame should fall down on Mayweather (and Shane too) if it doesn't happen

his market value is indeed vastly more than it is for Shane. This has indeed been proven countless times

now if you say "well thats the problem with today's fighters"

what say you about this scenario

say back in the days where fighters were driven by gate sales. Say you have a fighter who is a proven seller at the gate and someone has been deemed a worth challenge to him

now that fight isn't a draw even at his home venue

do you think it fair to not take that into account if you are the more popular fighter?

no you are going to complain to your manager or promoter that because you bring more money to the table you should deserve a better split of the gate than the other fighter

same thing only now we deal with PPV's and purse splits

and dude, don't come sideways at me about respect, when it was you who was chiding my post with, "English is a heck of a language". You afford it to me, I'll give it right back to you. I've been nothing but respectful to you in the entire time we've exchanged words here.
        was that you or was that GTR? so are you sticking up for a person who made no sense in what he just wrote or is that quote attributed to you?

and sure I will make a note of that

Btw, when parents or families mention the cost of the birth or death of someone,

its merely an afterthought, not the priority in the matter. I know boxing is a bit different in comparison, but the point is still there.
        not always. As sad as it sounds let's take for example a passing

say someone who doesn't make a lot of money has their spouse pass

money and the affordability isn't just an afterthought it is a real live burden to them and something that needs to be addressed

anyways good debate I dug this

Comment

Originally posted by GTR View Post
          Eaner0919, As a fan, I don’t get myself involved to the business side of boxing.
          you dont get it though

YOU, not me, created a thread about why Manny found a fight quick and Mayweather didn't

YOU thought it was because of the warrior like attitude of Manny and what most of us clearly showed you is that

the business side of this came into play

don't you get that? You discussed business not me. YOU erroneously brought up this thinking it was a way to show cowardice on Mayweather's part when most here CLEARLY showed you business played into this

That’s what the fuuckin promoters are for. Im there for the entertainment, isn’t that what sports are for???
          sure but if you are solely for that then why are you creating threads like this that counter your own claims?

if you don't like the business side of it then simple

Do not speculate about the aspects you clearly know or want to know nothing about

when you bring in that then you yourself are indeed talking about the business of boxing or at least bring a point up where it could be brought up

If im buying a car, im not gonna worry about how much commission the salesman is gonna make, im gonna go for the best value for me, the best deal I can get. Let the ****in salesman and the manager worry about how their gonna split their money.
          good for you but boxing isn't quite simply that way and you are making it far to smiple of a process.

youre a fan, not the fighter or promoter so get the fuuck off their expertise and stop acting like them.
          I work in the business sorry but I can talk about this all day. I do all day with those very same people who make the decisions in the sport

you dont like me talking about then simply dont bring up business issues

this, however you want it not to be, was a business issue

I don’t know how a fan can submerge himself to the business side of boxing…. Legacy don’t pay bill, right?
          Who gives a ****. Fight the best and give us boxing fans what we pay for.
          because it's interesting to me and eventually I will know all aspects of what goes on enough to make my living in this sport

I am almost there now in fact

Comment

wait a second

for someone who is so not concerned about the business or $$$ aspect of this GTR

let me ask

why do you have a pic of Manny holding money then?

isn't that a business related photo?

shouldn't YOU solely be worried or into the fights?

why care about Manny's money?

Comment

Originally posted by Eaner0919 View Post
              wait a second

for someone who is so not concerned about the business or $$$ aspect of this GTR

let me ask

why do you have a pic of Manny holding money then?

isn't that a business related photo?

shouldn't YOU solely be worried or into the fights?

why care about Manny's money?
              Are you seriously still trying to argue with a guy that has Duckquiao's face tattooed on his ass?

Comment

Originally posted by Remind My Soul View Post
                Are you seriously still trying to argue with a guy that has Duckquiao's face tattooed on his ass?
                lol its been a while since I have been on here as a regular I don't know the players anymore

Comment

Working...
                X