Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Too much hate and disrespect against top boxers.

Collapse
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by soul_survivor View Post
    You misunderstand the word irony if you think what I wrote was ironic.
    Ok mate whatever makes you feel better. I suggest you look up the word irony and as well as hypocrite.

Comment

I certainly agree that there is too much hate on this site when fighters lose, especially to other top guys and get branded bums. Just look at how Khan was treated, even though we should be applauding what he did. Then there is the whole racial bias, strongly divided by eastern euros and blacks who like or dislike fighters based on obvious points.

However, I can't call out the hate when top fighters don't fight each other and it's bs to say "oh well it's 2016". That's a terrible excuse. Just look at Framptons level of opposition or Froch in the past or the cruisers starting to consistently fight at a higher level. There is no excuse, especially when top fighters are getting paid millions to fight bums and then call out name fighters after fighting said bum...only to disappear or to make zero effort at actually making a fight.

Prime examples of boxing premadonnas include Canelo and Wilder. Canelo said he didn't **** around...then vacated his belt. Wilder, even after the Pov fight fell through, had the perfect opportunity to have a top defense, yet put in a 4th straight defense against a bum.
      Originally posted by Ray* View Post
      Does this sound right to you? No offence.
      Are you telling me Wilder hasn't fought 4 bums in a row? His best defense arguably, has been a guy called Duhaupas who is barely a level above journeyman.

I know you're trying to make out like it was a contradiction but it wasn't, in fact, the part you highlighted, I clearly stated when a fighter loses against other top opponents. I made that very clear.

Do you understand now?
      Not even going to get in an argument whether he fought "bums" or not. Am just pointing out the irony of your post.
      You misunderstand the word irony if you think what I wrote was ironic.

You lot on here really do give boxing fans a bad name, the stereotypical uneducated wanabe thugs. SMH
      Ok mate whatever makes you feel better. I suggest you look up the word irony and as well as hypocrite.
      When all else fail, you can either man up and acknowledge you were wrong. Or just go on a rant calling people names. I thought i could speak to people like adults and reason with them without getting an argument or name calling but this is what you get.... SMDH.

Comment

When all else fail, you can either man up and acknowledge you were wrong. Or just go on a rant calling people names. I thought i could speak to people like adults and reason with them without getting an argument or name calling but this is what you get.... SMDH.

I already explained but I'll do it one last time.

If you're going to quote me, do it properly, because I said it's wrong that we label fighters bums FOR LOSING TO TOP OPPONENTS.

I labeled Wilder's opposition as bums. Are you going to argue that he hasn't fought bums? Because if you want, we can go there but I know you won't because you know they're bums. So there is no irony and you certainly don't know the meaning of the word if you think there is.

Now, I haven't simply labeled Wilder's opposition as bums for losing to Wilder and if you follow boxing, you know his 4 title defenses have been against journeymen...and Arreola, who is worse than a journeyman now. If you don't think they are bums, that's fine it just means you have a very, very low standard for what champions should be fighting.

Comment

I already explained but I'll do it one last time.

If you're going to quote me, do it properly, because I said it's wrong that we label fighters bums FOR LOSING TO TOP OPPONENTS.

I labeled Wilder's opposition as bums. Are you going to argue that he hasn't fought bums? Because if you want, we can go there but I know
          I really couldn't careless about Wilder, You can try and twist it that way but am sorry am not carrying that bait. Am not in this thread to argue about Wilder because its not worth my time.

I only pointed out the irony of your post to you. Now i didn't expect a rant but am more mature reply.

That's why i put "No offence" at the end of my original post. I don't really want to deviate from the original OP thread, that's why i rather not discuss boxing with some posters on here.

But if i can't have a mature discussion or disagreement of opinions on here with posters then i would just leave them to it, the name calling, trying to label people that you don't know etc just shows the sort of way your mind works. Am going to leave that post out there for people to make up their own minds.

Comment

Working...
          X