No announcement yet.

WOW, they shoulda' stopped this...

Collapse
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by ICEMAN JOHN SCULLY View Post
    I would have had the opportunity presented itself but I just found out less than an hour ago that I am NOT doing the show afterall...not sure what happened behind the scenes but I was originally told that Teddy was going to do SportsCenter and I was going to be down the hall at ESPNNews, they said they were considering having us on air together to discuss the fight...they called me just a little while ago, though, and left a message saying that they will just have Teddy do everything since he is their lead guy, etc etc...
    That's BS.

They should pair Atlas with a boxing guy.

Comment

It's sad that so many people try to rationalize what Margarito and Rios did as okay. There's a big difference between making fun of someone's chosen actions and making fun of someone's disability that they have no control over. Saying that Roach is a **** trainer or that Margarito is a cheater are both fair game in my view. They may not be nice things to say or even true but at least the person is being criticized for their actions.

Comment

Originally posted by Castor_Troy View Post
        That's BS.

They should pair Atlas with a boxing guy.
        yea...I mean, even if it isnt me...just saying that I think it would be MUCH more interesting to have a little back and forth dialogue between two "boxing guys"...Teddy and myself or Teddy and someone else...

Comment

What they did was certainly beyond the line, but I think it was effective because to me it looks like they got to them responding to this garbage.

I can't fault anyone saying anything about what they did but to me this is boxing not ballet I expect the line to be crossed from time to time.

I am a big believer in you should never let someone see you sweat especially when someone is trying to sweat you, I can't fault Roach because when it gets made personal it is hard to react in a way that is basically turning the other cheek (especially for a fighter) but he should have let others make a big deal about it (his Dr., his friends, Micheal J. Fox, whatever the national Parkinsons organization is).
          Last edited by The Gambler1981; 11-13-2010, 02:25 PM.

Comment

That sucks though I always enjoyed watching your analysis on ESPN, I don't mind Teddy though especially after the fights as I think that suits him a bit more than predicting what will happean.

Comment

Originally posted by The Gambler1981 View Post
              That sucks though I always enjoyed watching your analysis on ESPN, I don't mind Teddy though especially after the fights as I think that suits him a bit more than predicting what will happean.
              They told me I will be back on for the next one... we'll see

Comment

Working...
              X