Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Adrien Broner has one more chance to impress.

Collapse
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by HanzGruber View Post
    Not sure what people keep talking about "it's over" and crap like that. He's not the next floyd obviously but he's still the top 1% of pro boxers. Most don't even have the ability to make it to this level
    so you would put porter in the top 1% of boxers?

Comment

Broner has never been the heir apparent, not even close, and is not even a superstar and I doubt he will even win another title even though I thought he would prior to Saturday. His bubble was popped big time. The best he can hope for is earning another shot at the title and at 140, I can name a number of guys who would beat him. His 15 minutes of fame were up long ago. He lost to Ponce De Leon, he had what should have been a draw or a loss earlier in his career, he barely scraped by a non-descript Pauli, was doused by Maidana and Porter. The honeymoon is over. The party has ended, close the curtains, nothing to see here folks except a fraud who he, and his mindless minions thought was the future of boxing.
      Last edited by richardt; 06-22-2015, 06:14 PM.

Comment

As far as Broner being the next big boxing PPV star -- that ship done sailed. If it didn't sail the night of December 14, 2013, then it surely did this past Saturday.

However he's still a draw of sorts, though. People love to hate him and will always be down to tune in to catch a Broner fight with the hopes that they can see him get his ass handed another loss. That will probably never get old.

He can still make good money in the sport.

Comment

Working...
        X