Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Will PPV buys influence Mayweather's decision for next opponent?

Collapse
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Will PPV buys influence Mayweather's decision for next opponent?

Like if Floyd chooses someone like Berto or Mayfield, I'm pretty sure the PPV buys for that fight would be low and less money would be made.

So would Floyd take a bigger name to increase PPV Buys for his next fight?

I mean, if Floyd picks freaking Berto or Mayfield (guys who I never heard of until now) there's no way in hell that I'm gonna pay a PPV for that.

Originally posted by tommyg6 View Post
    Like if Floyd chooses someone like Berto or Mayfield, I'm pretty sure the PPV buys for that fight would be low and less money would be made.

I mean, if Floyd picks freaking Berto or Mayfield (guys who I never heard of until now) there's no way in hell that I'm gonna pay a PPV for that.
    You've never heard of Andre Berto?

Comment

Is he really going to care?

He's the highest PPV earner of all time, has the 3 highest selling PPV's ever and the involved in the only 3 fights to ever surpass 2 million PPV's.

It's his last fight and he makes 32 million+ guaranteed whoever he fights.

I very much doubt he cares.

Comment

It'll be a factor in his thinking, but that's true of many different things. When push comes to shove he'll fight who he wants to fight and if PPV buys are good then all the better for him/

Comment

the thing is hes already made showtime far and beyond anything they ever expected and he also makes like 30 or 40 million minimum no matter who he fights so i could see and would not blame him for taking an easy opponent

Comment

Originally posted by IronDanHamza View Post
            Is he really going to care?

He's the highest PPV earner of all time, has the 3 highest selling PPV's ever and the involved in the only 3 fights to ever surpass 2 million PPV's.

It's his last fight and he makes 32 million+ guaranteed whoever he fights.

I very much doubt he cares.
            True. However the rich white man that writes is check certainly does. Ppv buys are always at the fore front.

Comment

No,he has made almost 300 million already and is guaranteed 32 million regardless who he fights..Think he just wants to get the fight out of the way

Comment

Originally posted by jorgepichardojr View Post
                True. However the rich white man that writes is check certainly does. Ppv buys are always at the fore front.
                I think after doing 4.4 million just 2 months ago he gets a pass on this one man,plus since they will hype it as his last fight he will do 600-700k regardless who he fights

Comment

Originally posted by tommyg6 View Post

If it's his last fight I doubt he cares if only 100 people bought it he still guaranteed 32 million

Comment

After the pacquiao fight I don't think Showtime really cares who he fights this time.

Comment

Working...
                    X