Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Could Top Rank learn something from Mayweather Promotions? Floyd gifts Badou Jack

Collapse
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Badou Jack perplexes me.

He's born in Sweden and is of Gambian/African descent but has fought almost his entire career out of Las Vegas and sounds like a typical African-American.

So what nation does he represent? Sweden, Gambia or the US?

Comment

Comment

This sound all too familiar...

Comment

not my style but he obviously likes it dude cant stop cheesing.

But to be completely honest I respect Badou, Badou Jack is like the only one out of the TMT crew who I can actually respect. Dude never tested dirty (Like everyone else on TMT) and he actually works for his, had a rough KO loss but bounced back like a real champion, he actually shocked me with his performance victory over dirrell.

Comment

Dont like watches or jewelry at all but thats cool. A young fighter receiving something like this must feel good

Comment

Originally posted by Gabagool View Post

badou iced out wrist after the night of his emphatic victory and new world title. A lot of people on here disparage TMT promotions for their stable and how they are promoting "the fight" but maybe if more promoters showed love to the fighters they could get more loyalty.

people point out haymons mistakes with chavez jr but if Top Rank were doing such a good job why did he leave??

maybe more promoters should start rewarding and showing the fighters more love, stop being so negative and try to be positive for once.
              This is one of the most hysterical threads I have read. Id rather have a large signing bonus with a promotor that will make me a star than have an iced out wrist. Bob Arum has made fighters like Oscar De La Hoya, Floyd Mayweather. & Manny Pacquiao into the biggest draws to date. & I am sure he could do this with Jack if he was able to do it with Tim Bradley & I dont see Jack ever getting Tim Bradley kinda $ anytime during his career with tMt. The reason why people dont like Arum is because fighters dont read what they are signing before they sign with Arum, the mans a Harvard Lawyer grad & a businessman so of course he looks out for his best interest but he's also getting his guys paid. Besides if a boxer is lured in by shiney jewelry than I have a bag full of magic beans I think he might be interested in.

Comment

Originally posted by shutupmeg View Post
                Badou Jack perplexes me.

He's born in Sweden and is of Gambian/African descent but has fought almost his entire career out of Las Vegas and sounds like a typical African-American.

So what nation does he represent? Sweden, Gambia or the US?
                Why does that matter so much to you? People like you see him as African American, so why can't he claim that if he wants to?

Comment

looks like some fruity elton john ****

hope he gets mugged for it

Comment

Originally posted by Obayifo View Post
                    Why does that matter so much to you? People like you see him as African American, so why can't he claim that if he wants to?
                    I'm just curious as usually a boxer will represent a particular nation and have a fanbase from that country.

I don't see him as African-American. I don't know what to see him as.

Comment

Originally posted by nerd slapper View Post
                      looks like some fruity elton john ****

hope he gets mugged for it
                      Man, you actually hope violence occurs to someone you don't even know just because he's linked to Floyd? That's some realy pathetic stuff man. Men don't think like that.

Comment

Working...
                      X