Training a week before a fight

Collapse
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Training a week before a fight

Hey guys!

I'm very proud to anounce you that I have my very first fight in 2 weeks!

I'm a bit worried about my training one week pre-fight.¨

I asked my coach and he said the last training will be tuesday maximum and I have to do no exercises until the fight which is saturday. So it's almost 4 days being innactive.

When he told me that I was thinking to myself ''**** off coach I'll be rusty as ****''. :P

I personally think I'll train everysingle day just like for the past 3 months and take a day off a day before the fight(friday). With only a light training 2 days before(thursday).

I'd like some opinions on that or just telling me how do YOU train before a fight.

Thanks alot!

Dan

Edit : Amateur
    Last edited by Madan; 02-26-2014, 09:46 PM.

Pro or amateur?

Either way congrats and I wish you the best of luck buddy! My only advice would be to listen to your trainer.

Comment

Originally posted by _original_ View Post
      Pro or amateur?

Either way congrats and I wish you the best of luck buddy! My only advice would be to listen to your trainer.
      Amateur, sorry!

Thanks alot!

Comment

3 months and competing.. i wish my instructor would let me :/... im more than confident in winning T_T..

btw whats ur weight height reach? just curious, and do rmbr to record it !

goodluck!! sry i have nothing to say here as u read^^^ i havent competed yet.
        but i would agree with your plan from my intuitive sense.. keep working medium-light, rest friday, fight saturday.

Comment

Saw the results 2day
          So proud of U
          U deserve the grade
          Congratulations!

Comment

I can tell you what I do with my fighters. I don't spar a week out but we don't do anything 4 days prior.

Leading a few days up to the fight, light workouts. Double end bag, light mitts going over game plan, no heavy bag.

Light running in the morning etc...

My job is to have my fighter peak, IMO if you do nothing for 4 days, I think you will at least "feel" rusty.

Comment

Do some exercises and shadow box a few rounds. If you trained hard and your in good shape thats all you need to know. If you don't have trust in your trainer why are you with him?
              I'll guess he wants to see your reactions leading up to the fight as much as how you handle yourself during the fight.
              How you train is how you will fight! Thats why your supposed to train hard!
              Ray

Comment

Originally posted by nivek535 View Post
                3 months and competing.. i wish my instructor would let me :/... im more than confident in winning T_T..

btw whats ur weight height reach? just curious, and do rmbr to record it !

goodluck!! sry i have nothing to say here as u read^^^ i havent competed yet.
                but i would agree with your plan from my intuitive sense.. keep working medium-light, rest friday, fight saturday.
                140lbs, 5''7 with 71'' 1/2 reach.

Yeah I'll try to get someone to record it and post it on here.

-----------

Thanks everyone for your answers!
                Last edited by Madan; 02-27-2014, 10:38 AM.

Comment

Working...
                X