No announcement yet.

Is obesity a disease?

Collapse
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Is obesity a disease?

I mean seriously how the hell do you let yourself get this fat???

This actress from (Precious) claims that she is confident with her weight....She can't be serious???? She is in denial, ain't no way she enjoys looking like this.

It is definitely a mental illness.

I couldn't even get that fat if I tried.

I have quite a sedentary job but the fact I work from 9-6 for 5 days a week and go for a long run twice a week means I never weigh much more than 12 stone. I am not even particularly fit or healty.

I'd have to be inhaling goose fat to be that fat . It always perplexes me how regular obese people have even have the time or the money to get that heroically obese.

Comment

No its not a disease.

If you think its ok to be that fat then i question your intellegence, it's clearly unhealthy.

Comment

Originally posted by Sparked_26 View Post
        It is definitely a mental illness.

I couldn't even get that fat if I tried.

I have quite a sedentary job but the fact I work from 9-6 for 5 days a week and go for a long run twice a week means I never weigh much more than 12 stone. I am not even particularly fit or healty.

I'd have to be inhaling goose fat to be that fat . It always perplexes me how regular obese people have even have the time or the money to get that heroically obese.
        This.

It's calories in vs calories out.

if you eat mcdonalds 5 times a day and never excercise then you will be fat

if you eat like a normal person and do light excercise, you'll be reasonably healthy

Comment

Originally posted by Earl Hickey View Post
          This.

It's calories in vs calories out.

if you eat mcdonalds 5 times a day and never excercise then you will be fat

if you eat like a normal person and do light excercise, you'll be reasonably healthy

bro science. learned about this stuff on the internet, did we?

eat 2000 healthy calories a day for a year, and then eat 2000 macdonalds calories a day for a year, and then get back to me when your arteries are all clogged up.

Comment

not everyone is going to be perfectly slim but it's personal choices one makes. no one told me to go eat a salad with light dressing just as no one told me to suck back 5 double cheeseburgers... you choose to eat like crap then you will evenyually get fat. if you choose to eat healthier then there is a good chance you won't get obese... to all young people who think they can down anything & stay thin are going to be in for surprise in their early to mid 20s...you don't see what a person is going to look like until they are 23. that's when your body has pretty much has grown to it's max. the only growth spurt after that is your waistline...just my opinion...i'm no expert but i have a hard job & my weight flucuates depending on activity & my eating habits...i don't eat perfectly but cut some crap out & have shed 20lbs since the summer started...i usually put it back on in winter because i work outside & don't work as many hours by choice so that's when it's up to me to burn those extra calories... if you are a sloth you only have yourself to blame...

Comment

Originally posted by New England View Post
              bro science. learned about this stuff on the internet, did we?

eat 2000 healthy calories a day for a year, and then eat 2000 macdonalds calories a day for a year, and then get back to me when your arteries are all clogged up.
              Read what I said again

Calories in vs calories out.

A normal person is eating probably 2500 calories a day, 5 Mcdonalds meals is 6750 calories a day

Of course if you have the exact same amount of calories you wont gain weight but will be unhealthy, but try getting the same calories as someone who eats clean, eating only mcdonalds. One big mac, chips and drink and your pretty much done.

In short, to get a healthy amount of calories, but be eating enough food, you need to eat healthy.

Comment

I'd still smash

Comment

Originally posted by Earl Hickey View Post
                  No its not a disease.

If you think its ok to be that fat then i question your intellegence, it's clearly unhealthy.
                  first of all i agree that like alcoholism its obviously not a disease. however i dont agree that its wrong to be that fat, they have every right to be unhealthy.

as long as they arent hurting someone else they are entitled to live their lives however they want. it doesnt make any sense to me either, then again some ppl would question every fighters intelligence for participating in a sport where you take blows to the head.

to each his own.

Comment

Seriously though it's not completely a 'disease', it's a combination really. You can eat fairly freely (portion-wise, and of course, not eat tons of breaded/fried/fast food), and as long as you exercise regularly, you are fine. As long as I'm on a regular 6 day a week exercise plan, I can eat fairly crappily quite honestly.
                    But to obtain optimum weight, eating well and exercise is the way to go.(Durrrr)

BUT... diets are crap, imo. The sole reason people are so plump nowadays, is their utter lack of anything exercise orientated. TV, computers, and lax (exercise-wise) jobs are what cause the fat to pile on. In the 1600's, kings and royalty often were fat. They didn't have McDs or processed foods. Why were they fat? They didn't do much.

The best diet is: smaller portions. Not to cut off ALL breads, or to eat like a caveman, or any other fancy-schmancy diet, but eat sensibly, and exercise regularly. That is the most sure way to fit. Balance.

There are a lot of bad foods out there, but imo, lack of exercise is a much greater reason for obesity, than the food people eat. Of course combine lots of crappy food + no exercise, and it's no surprise that people are vastly overweight all over the place.
                    (Especially Murrica hahaha)....wait, Brits are fat too...wups.

That woman should be gassed getting that big, infact REALLY fat tubba wubba's should all be put down (but that would wipe out over a third of yanks and brits hmmm UN would not improve).

I'm off for a bucket of KFC now, proceeded by tokin about 10 doobies (which will deem another take-out tonight) and 16 beers in my recliner fuck obesity. Roooaaaarrr!

Comment

Working...
                    X