No announcement yet.

Let's assume Douglas doesn't get up

Collapse
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by juggernaut666 View Post
    Ruddock was anything but slow despite loading up at times his shots were like fast balls coming at you and had a vicious right upper cut as well.Holyfield would not have thrown Tyson around in the early 90's for two reasons ,Tyson had the speed accurate shots then and Holyfield didnt have the size.
    There was a perception that he was slow. Yes his upper cut was very good, and the perception came later because at the time RR was quite well liked by the establishment.

Holyfield used a "Kuzushi" unbalancing technique, it was not so much an issue of size, rather it was timing. When Tyson got ready to throw instead of moving back like 99% of Tyson's victims had done, Holy would push right in front off Tyson's front balance point...effectively unbalancing him. Regardless a prime Tyson imo beats Holyfield.

Comment

Originally posted by billeau2 View Post
      That would have been quite a downer for me....That night stands supreme....I decided to blow off studying (grad school) just on a lark, and what a lark that was! Figured I would grab a beer on the Haight... Wow! Wouldn't have been the same if Tyson had won on that shot.
      Agreed; Douglas was sensational that night. It is rare to see a big man punching with such brilliant combinations. he was fast, accurate and dare I say it......mobile too. Plus he showed heart in getting off the floor!

Comment

Working...
      X