Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

How is Floyd going to win with his current style?

Collapse
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by pacman777 View Post
    if oscar came that close... manny would easily get the decision if mayweatehr rides his bike the whole fight
    And if JMM came close to beating Pac which many felt he did win...imagine what Floyd will do.

yeah...I've heard both sides.

I'm asking for more details...specifics.

Comment

Originally posted by Hitman932 View Post
      I've forgotten more about boxing than you have even learned little boy.

I've seen every single significant Mayweather fight so why don't you point out the fight, the round and the time in which Mayweather was badly hurt and I will go back and watch it again.
      you pick a fight b/c when floyd opens up his hands are usually low. That leaping left hook will only work on somebody slow. Notice he hasn't fought anybody with speed since zab.

Comment

that's the thing benny---floyd can dominate and has dominated with his so called "new style" of fighting with just potshotting because of his versatility---that's why i don't read too much into the garbage people say about floyd and his hit and move style because he has soooooooo much more generalship in that ring that he can do whatever he wants to do, whether he potshots or throws combinations----or jabs--or dispenses with the jab---you have to remember floyd's key punches---the lead right hand, the left hook, the jab to the body, and the lead right hand to the body against southpaws, but trust and believe floyd also knows the right hook to the solarplex is a key weapon against southpaws, he has so much in his aresnal, added with his defense, counterpunching, accurate timing, very sharp punches, not sloppy punches, balance, foot coordination, and upperbody movement, rolling off punches, using his opponents pace against them, that's just some of what he does....you people hate to admit this, because you find him boring---i find him brilliant and if there was a fighter who couldn't be beat, he'd be that fighter, i'm talking in the pros of course....not amateurs.....his craft is so mastered and in tect---and his ability to adjust form different angles and fight in the pocket, and fight and rest on the ropes, through all of 12 rounds, is something very special to watch, and i'm a huge fan of his and know his style of fighting in all of his bouts, from left to right, like the back of my hand-----manny cannot beat this ****ing kid----floyd is too methodical a fighter---he does "different" things in all of his fights that seperates him from his opponent, while staying sharp looking---benny you'll see----it's hard to see now---

this is taking nothing away from manny---that kid is the truth at what he does also---but like i said before, there is only one complete fighter in boxing, and floyd is that complete fighter, he is that skilled, and he will dominate manny, then shane, then whoever's next//////paul williams too....

manny liketo throw many punches from different angles, but what he fails to realize in doing that with floyd, you may look godd, but he will land punches that slow thta down, in the middle of that barrage...he has a 6th sense people.....he knows a fighter's angles, a fighters, body, a fighter's movement, he has that extra remedy when he fights...he is so damn gifted....you'll find out soon....trust me...i promise you...
        Last edited by pbftxrs316; 11-16-2009, 09:17 PM.

Comment

Originally posted by Hitman932 View Post
          You guys are Manny Pac nuthuggers, you couldn't give this matchup an unbiased look if someone paid you to do it.

I don't even like Mayweather, never been a fan, but if you think that he is gonna lost to Pac because he was momentarily stunned once by a southpaw over 5 years ago then I have to wonder why you even bother posting on the subject.
          Just admit it, you love PBF's ****. Denying this will not make your argument any better. Fact is, Mayweather has never faced a fighter the caliber of the Pacman.

Comment

Originally posted by president View Post
            Just admit it, you love PBF's ****. Denying this will not make your argument any better. Fact is, Mayweather has never faced a fighter the caliber of the Pacman.
            I would love to agree with you despite all this trash talk but one thing i'm certain of is that Floyd once hit on anywhere on his head by Pac is surely lights out for him.

There's a reason why he doesn't want to get hit and that is because he is so brittle.

Comment

Pacquiao really isn't the type of guy that you can pot shot. You NEED 4-5 punch combinations. This is why Hatton gave Floyd problems, Floyd was pot shotting. He's just lucky Hatton can't fight at 147 and is rather "chinny" you might call it (probably due to his terrible defense).

I think Floyd will look good for the first few rounds but it's a matter of time before Pacquiao hits him and then follows up with 5 more punches. Each time he does this floyds small frame will gradually wear down.

Pacquiao will be a lot stronger than Money May.

Comment

Floyd's style is the perfect style to fight Pacquiao. If you look at the two knockdowns against Cotto, they were landed while Cotto was attempting to match speed with Pacquiao and throwing combinations right in front of Pacquiao. Pacquiao is fast, but you guys keep forgetting about the speed of Mayweather as well as the reach advantage that he will have as well. He'll snap Manny's head back with his jab just like Cotto did, but unlike Cotto, Mayweather has a dangerous right hand that he can bring after it. 1-2 then move all night.

Comment

Working...
                X