Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Comments Thread For: Golovkin's Return: Eubank Jr. The Betting Favorite To Be Selected

Collapse
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Middleweight hasn't been a stacked division since the Martinez, Pirog, Sturm, Williams, Martinez, Abraham, "hot" Jacobs... Current middleweight is un-televised undercard/first televised undercard at best. There is no drama. There's no life-and-death. It's either closely contested but practically predictable or blow-out. It will take someone/s to move up into the middleweight division or someone to move up out of the middleweight division to change this.

Comment

• Originally posted by auoydwe View Post
      Middleweight hasn't been a stacked division since the Martinez, Pirog, Sturm, Williams, Martinez, Abraham, "hot" Jacobs... Current middleweight is un-televised undercard/first televised undercard at best. There is no drama. There's no life-and-death. It's either closely contested but practically predictable or blow-out. It will take someone/s to move up into the middleweight division or someone to move up out of the middleweight division to change this.
      Yes! This is my thought also. I think those who claim otherwise are trying to make a certain fighter look better.

Comment

• I left out Pavlik and Wright... but the point still remains. A notable issue is that there is a boxer in the current middleweight division that has been campaigning there for well past a decade, spanning both their amateur and professional careers that rapidly moving through weight classes seems less than feasible.

Edit: I've stated previously that Golovkin as of this writing in my opinion does not belong on any p4p or all-time great list. I also agree with what Coach Bernard Roach said, which I paraphrase to: Golovkin only fights who will fight him.

The boxing fan in me says hurry up and unify at the same time it says hurry up and move up already. The voices in my head say unify just a little louder.
        Last edited by auoydwe; 06-22-2016, 02:15 AM.

Comment

• Eubank will win

Mark my words

Comment

• When one fighter is so much better then rest , it makes everyone bums , it happens with Wlad , it happened with Floyd (haters at least claiming that each fight was a cheery pick and the fighter a bum) it happens with GGG , if he was not there Canelo will be fighting there and ppl will say its a stack division and competitive and what not.
            Haters will hate as always , you aren't winning against all this top contenders (not elite sure but world level) without really being good and the way GGG handles them he is REALLY good , take Fonfara , is he a good boxer sure, but he got rocked by a no name , why ? because boxing is not chess you can get caught you can get hurt and to be on top for so long isn't simple , thats why Floyd/Wlad are ATG`s (our era) and this is why GGG will be HOF when all said and done if he keeps winning against quality opposition , not everyone have a ATG around their weight class ,which is the case in GGG current situation , he will get 0 credit from the haters no matter WHO or HOW he wins unless he beats a 175 fighter ... this make no sense.
            The haters will never let anyone build up to be a real challenge for him , all the new comers will be labeled unproven no matter their talent this is futile.

Comment

• Originally posted by hitking View Post
              So Dawson was weight drained. Maybe, maybe not. But what I don't get is how its Ward's fault that Dawson got on TV and shot his mouth off. The way I look it. Dawson was the legitimate light heavyweight champion. He was also on every respectable P4P list when they fought.

As for Dawson never being any good anyway. He convincingly beat Bernard Hopkins 2-3yrs before Kovalev. Outside of GGG, your kind think Kovalev is the greatest thing since sliced bread. Hopkins, 2-3yrs later, is Kovalev's best win. Furthermore, if GGG fought Hopkins today, Bernard would be the best win of his career, at 50 something.

As for Kessler. The fight doesn't count because you don't like the way Ward fought. Funny.

And Froch. Since when do you beat a guy easily, and have to travel to his home turf for him to avenge?
              Ward didn't beat Froch easily. He won a close points decision with Froch coming on strong at the end and winning the last 2 rounds on all the judges scorecards.

After that, Froch beat Bute, the Boogie man at 168 who Ward refused to fight, and avenged his loss to Kessler.

Froch was then recognised as the No1 SMW in the world, and Ward was offered a career highest purse to rematch him.

Comment

• Originally posted by hitking View Post
                Ward had promotional issues. The Bute argument went down the drain when he got wrecked by Froch.

As for cleaning out divisions, it doesn't exist.
                Originally posted by JUNIABOY View Post
                A loss never stopped Ward from pursuing a fighter. Paul Smith lost to AA twice, but Ward still fought him. Why is Bute the exception?

And Ali is still an ATG...no matter what side of the scale you put him at. He was the standard as far as boxing pursuits go...& many HoFers have placed Ali as their hero & a standard to live up to. Why dismiss the ali standard? I still don't understand why you would dismiss it.
                Bute was still undefeated, and rated better than Ward by many boxing experts, when Andre twice turned down big money offers to fight him.

Froch beating Bute after Ward ducked him doesn't alter the fact that Ward did duck Bute.

Comment

• Originally posted by kafkod View Post
                  Ward didn't beat Froch easily. He won a close points decision with Froch coming on strong at the end and winning the last 2 rounds on all the judges scorecards.
                  Sure you don't mean Andre Dirrell here?

Comment

• Originally posted by Eastcoast View Post
                    I'm thinking Chudinov hits harder than O'Sullivan or Blackwell, but yeah Golovkin's another level altogether. What really convinced his father that Jr. could handle the power of somebody like Golovkin were his sparring sessions with a Cuban HW, and later with Froch.

If he can handle Golovkin's power and actually push Golovkin backwards, wow!
                    That's a big IF, and it's facing another, even bigger one: If Eubank can't handle Golovkin's power, what then?

You need a plan B against somebody like GGG. And because of Jr's inexperience, he wouldn't have anything to fall back on if Golovkin started hurting and shaking him. Except the canvas, of course!

I fear Jr will end up getting hurt badly if this fight goes ahead. And if that happens, the self belief and swagger which are integral to his whole approach to boxing might be gone forever.

Comment

• Eubank is very attack minded, and makes for exciting fights. He's a good fighter but he will have to think his way through this one.

If he is as open and gung-ho as he can be, GGG will time him and hurt him.

I'd love this one to be here in England.

Comment

Working...
                      X