No announcement yet.

Some very interesting words from Vitali Klitschko

Collapse
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Some very interesting words from Vitali Klitschko

Came across an interview in a Russian publication online with Vitali talking more in depth about his political career and sporting situation. The following quote was interesting. Yes, Vitali has said that being Emeritus champ gives him the "theoretical chance to come back" but couldn't see it happening currently, but he seems to really be trying to assert the point that he doesn't feel he is done yet (or insinuating he may be forced to return).

Translated quote:

"So, I officially declare: I'm not retiring. Rather, suspending my career, as it was, by the way, almost 10 years ago, when I was for about 4 years honorable champion by the World Boxing Council. Then I returned to the ring and took the belt again. The current proposal from the head of the organization Jose Suleiman again gives me the theoretical possibility of return. But, at this moment I cannot take it. I will be rooting for Vladimir in the meantime, and fully support him. As he did - in the political struggle."

Do you guys think this is just talk or that he really feels/believes he will be able/be forced to return at some point? Likely speaking, this suggests more that he may feel that his political ambitions may not be possible at this particular time, and he may be forced to continue with his career, as some people speculated.

Thoughts...

Will add a poll - Do you think Vitali will be forced to return?

Link to source (Russian) - http://www.mk.ru/politics/sng/interv...al-kareru.html
    Yes
    27.27%
    Definitely Not
    27.27%
    Possibly/Not Sure
    45.45%

The poll is expired.

As much as I want to see Vitali fight again, I think he should just retire, he isn't getting any younger and his body will only continue to break down. I mean he couldn't stay healthy when he was younger, how is he going to do it in his 40's? Although I do think he will try to beat George Foreman's feat of winning the title at 45 if he can.

Comment

If his political run fails, he'll be back for a title shot.

People were saying Vitali retired, he never retired, he just sat on the HW title for 14 months before the WBC were forced to take action.
      Last edited by Weebler I; 12-24-2013, 04:35 PM.

Comment

Vitali won't be forced to do anything, he's going to decide on his own what he wants to do.

Comment

He should try to break Foreman's record as the oldest HW to win a world title. He's only 3 years away from it, why not?

Comment

I think he will come back if Arreola gets hit since that is an easy win, but if/when Wilder gets it he will be "busy with politics"

Comment

Originally posted by Jloro View Post
              I think he will come back if Arreola gets hit since that is an easy win, but if/when Wilder gets it he will be "busy with politics"
              dont get the logic there. wilder would probably be the easier fight. hes wild,,,hittable and doesnt have any late round experience. even an old past it vitali would be a stylistic nightmare for wilder

Comment

Originally posted by beez721 View Post
                dont get the logic there. wilder would probably be the easier fight. hes wild,,,hittable and doesnt have any late round experience. even an old past it vitali would be a stylistic nightmare for wilder
                I don't think an Old Vitali would want to take the chance of getting iced compared to some fat guy lol

Comment

Originally posted by Jloro View Post
                  I don't think an Old Vitali would want to take the chance of getting iced compared to some fat guy lol
                  I'm a big wilder fan and think he has the potential to become a huge crossover star but he needs to step the **** up.

Comment

Originally posted by BigZigga View Post
                    I'm a big wilder fan and think he has the potential to become a huge crossover star but he needs to step the **** up.
                    I agree, he wants to fight for the WBC belt or Fury or Chisora next

Comment

Working...
                    X